SKSE won't work with MO

scissorhands

Question

Hello,

I've been trying to get SKSE setup with MO. Everything's fine, except for one thing; when I try and run the SKSE_loader.exe through MO, I get a message saying "failed to create tweaked ini: The system cannot find the file specified." and the exe doesn't run. I've been unable to find anything mentioning a problem like this. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance  ::):

The thing is when i launch from steam without SKSE it works fine however when i start  SKSE_loader the game crashes when i start a new game or load one (even when i create the shortcut with MO). i just want to use MO for organizing/installing but most of the time i just start from my SKSE shortcut. so the thing im asking is why SKSE is crashing when im launching it through the SKSE_Loader? is thee any way to fix this? @Dragon king will do that now thanks :)

Your SKSE installation is clearly incorrect if that is the case. A desktop shortcut, either from MO or one you make in Windows, will point to skse_loader.exe.

These files need to be in the Skyrim folder:

skse_1_9_32.dll
skse_loader.exe
skse_steam_loader.dll

Of course the SKSE loader will only work for the correct version Skyrim you have installed. Currently that is version 1.9.32 as indicated in the SKSE dll name.

Can you make sure of the details before posting again.
Verify your Skyrim installation, install SKSE correctly and start a game from a desktop shortcut that points to SKSE. Then once that process works, we can look at installing MO.
Eliminate all variables that aren't related to your issue.
What you have said here is: my game wont start when I use SKSE.

What GrantSP said is true. If you can't even run the SKSE_loader outside of MO, then either SKSE isn't installed correctly or you may need to give Admin permissions to your Skyrim folder. I recommend following the Skyrim Installation Guide I mentioned earlier as a starting point. This will rule out your skyrim install and permissions as the issue. Then follow the STEP Guide to install SKSE correctly.

No SKSE Ran fine before i installed mod organizer i played skyrim for like 3 months Using SKSE. after the installation of MO which happened only yesterday, the only way to play skyrim with SKSE is through the mod organizer :/.  and i already have full permissions and control over my skyrim and MO directories

perhaps load order conflict between Vanilla loadorder and MO's?

Reinstalled SKSE several times both Manual and with a binary file, still no luck.

Edited by Nomad22

well right now its the only way i can play skyrim with SKSE. i just want to know why my game CTD everytime when i play through the SKSE_loader directly. and this has not happened when i used NMM or manually installed mods

Not a lot of point using MO if you're not going to run SKSE through it. Defeats the purpose of even using MO.

No SKSE Ran fine before i installed mod organizer i played skyrim for like 3 months Using SKSE. after the installation of MO which happened only yesterday, the only way to play skyrim with SKSE is through the mod organizer :/.  and i already have full permissions and control over my skyrim and MO directories

MO has no impact on your SKSE installation. If it worked before installing MO, it will work after it. There must be something you have, or have not done, that is causing this issue.

Since you say you only installed yesterday, I just have to ask: are you trying to use MO to run mods that are installed directly into the Data folder? If so you will need to clean them out and install via MO. Beacause, YES, there will be issues if you have mods installed in the Data folder AND you try to manage them in MO. This is clearly explained in the wiki and the tutorial videos.

Reinstalled SKSE several times both Manual and with a binary file, still no luck.

As I said earlier, MO can make no changes whatsoever to how SKSE runs your game, if it worked before, it will work after.

• +1 2

Since you say you only installed yesterday, I just have to ask: are you trying to use MO to run mods that are installed directly into the Data folder? If so you will need to clean them out and install via MO. Beacause, YES, there will be issues if you have mods installed in the Data folder AND you try to manage them in MO. This is clearly explained in the wiki and the tutorial videos.

Ah! +1

No, unfortunately MO isn't a straight plugin and work straight out of the box replacement for NMM. The main difference is MO runs a virtual data folder, and NMM puts mods into the Skyrim data folder for you.

If you really want to swap to MO, there's a little bit of work needs be done. Not difficult, but it is important. :) The main one is have a pristine Data folder. 

If you do decide to try it properly, whatever you do, keep all your downloads for NMM somewhere. It's possible you might be able to re-use some. Might save time.

Once you grasp the ideas behind how MO works you'll be wondering why you ever used NMM. :)

Good luck in Skyrim.

• +1 1