Looking to make an update to a STEP Guide

SirGarnon

Question

SPM is an outstanding tool GrantSP, you really should give it a go. ::): Even while doing crazy things, it never fails to amaze and is a great help to troubleshoot performance related issues.

Anyway, great to see that you're still updating SPM, Sir Garnon. I tested v3.7 and found no problems on my end. ::):

Edited by pStyl3

Yeah I probably should. Problem is I haven't even started Skyrim, or for that matter any game, for more than 5 minutes at a time and that is always just to test something.

I've fallen foul of the dreaded 'modding/testing bug' and haven't 'played' for months.

I find a tool/mod and try it out, discard or keep it and then another one catches my eye. SPM hasn't yet gripped me, when my plate gets a bit less full, I'll try and do some stuff with it as well.

• +1 1

Thanks for making the update.

Based on the current content, what is there is describing two distinct categories:

1) Installation and Basic Setup.

2) Configuring for use with MO.

Also, the screenshot of the setup is from an old version of SPM, and is no longer representative.   I'll write something up tonight and post it here for review.

I messaged Tech about changing it last night since I irritatingly can't (I did add the screenshot of my current setup as an example as I know that works). Here's what I sent him.

"To run Skyrim Performance Monitor and retain your Mod Organizer mod list you must run Mod Organizer through Skyrim Performance Monitor. To do this point Skyrim Performance Monitor to your Mod Organizer executable under setup (the file paths tab). You'll need to point the "Skyrim Main Program File Path:" to your TESV.exe and set your "Skyrim Launcher File Path:" to your ModOrganizer.exe it is also advised that you point the Skyrim.ini setting to the Skyrim.ini located in the folder for the profile you're currently using, see gallery image above for an example setup."

Edit: Though it seems moot now I look again since DY changed it.

Okay, did some testing, and the only Misc Settings that seemed worth mentioning were the ones to use in combination with ENB/ENBoost. I have added that to the Initial Setup section. The rest of the settings are easily explained via your built-in documentation.

Okay, did some testing, and the only Misc Settings that seemed worth mentioning were the ones to use in combination with ENB/ENBoost. I have added that to the Initial Setup section. The rest of the settings are easily explained via your built-in documentation.

I think what you have looks great; nice work and thanks!

EDIT:  Oops I forgot to mention; the posted screenshot of the SPM Example Setup is still outdated...

Edited by SirGarnon

SPM is an outstanding tool GrantSP, you really should give it a go. ::): Even while doing crazy things, it never fails to amaze and is a great help to troubleshoot performance related issues.

Anyway, great to see that you're still updating SPM, Sir Garnon. I tested v3.7 and found no problems on my end. ::):

pStyl3, always nice to hear from you, and thanks for the kind feedback!