The Ruffled Feather (By SparrowPrince)

Xaviien

Yeah, I'm not really sure how to go about it, since I'm not an actual STEP Staff member.

I don't know whether the STEP guide gets updated retroactively, but it seems like that's what should be done. I'd do it, I'm fairly sure I know how, but it's definitely above my pay grade, for now.

Problem seems to be that the Staff are always quite busy, so don't have time to go through and test things extensively to be able to fix the guide quickly when things like this happen.

We usually update it retroactively, but we are developing an update to STEP. Also, the last few days no one has really been up to the task of going through the mod and seeing what STEP needs. Tech is looking into a STEP option for the fomod and I'm probably going to be doing some screens for the mod since it's got some new stuff.

I just hate updating my mods too quickly ::P: and I'm busy with school at the moment preparing for state competition.

Haha don't worry, I completely understand.

I've just updated to most of 2.2.9.1, and I really want to test a few of the other mods that might get included, but at the moment I just want to stop messing around with mods. In the last week I've had enough bash patching and cocing to last me a month!

EDIT: I lied, I can't stop!

Comparison of new Silver ingot from Ruffled Feather. Shown next to an iron ingot because apparently they shared a texture.

Vanilla - Current STEP - Ruffled Feather

gLcAQqd.jpg75GI9ka.jpg2VUS9rD.jpg

Can't say I'm a fan really, but it's not bad for the work of a 9 year old. Much better than any mod I've ever made, but a large departure from Vanilla.

Slightly off-topic: Now that I've done the compare with iron, that seems to be VERY different from Vanilla as well, but does seem a lot more like real life.

I'll probably look more into this thing today and see what the STEP option for the FOMOD will need. I'm officially on vacation for a bit so I'll have more time than usual to work on some things. Priority was finishing up some FOMOD work I was doing for Krypto, which I finished yesterday so I'm a fairly free agent at the moment.

I don't like the ingot much either, however I don't think it's so much holes as imperfections in the ore, it was a common issue. Ulfberht steel swords and the process used to remove slag helped with the purity and quality of the swords, as well as the ingots produced. So an argument could be made that The Ruffled Feathers ingots were not crucible steel and instead the more common steel used by most non-Viking cultures.

I've started working on updating the FOMOD. As it is now, the FOMOD is very basic and simple. I'll be changing that with adding a STEP installation option. I've decided that I will also be adding an "Install Everything" option as well as maintaining the Custom Install option as it is now. The STEP install option will come before anything though because an "Install Everything" option will require the FOMOD to become quite a bit more complex.

I pretty much have an idea of how the mod needs to be installed into STEP. It's going to have to be placed in Conflicting Graphics section and some mod notes will have to be added to other mods that are conflicting. I'll keep track of everything and have a process laid out for members to follow in order to update to this new compilation.

Are you going to include the Distant Decal Fixes and the EDT2 DB files for the STEP option? Then we could get rid of two more mods in the list. SP mentioned adding those if want to. We don't have to add it to the rest of the installer since he left those pages up.

We can. Doesn't matter to me, but we need to find out if SP integrated the DB file into this installer or not.

Enhanced Distant Terrain: Simply improves the look of terrain in the distance. Now also includes Enhanced Distant Terrain 2 files. No performance loss bar a super microscopic VRAM increase. A Quality World Map and similar should overwrite EDT. SFO also should overwrite EDT as I made it compatible.

As for Distant Decal Fix, will that not be gone when Dyn is accepted? ...as I'm sure it will be.

Distant Detail and SDO will be gone, but Distant Decal Fix and EDT will probably stay. DDF is just for 20 mesh files and EDT is higher res versions of those distant terrain objects (not much though like 128x128 to 256x256), so I say keep those. DynDOLOD and LODGen just add the objects, they don't make them higher resolution as far as I can tell.