Blackreach Overhaul by Aiyen

Aiyen

Hello everyone! 

First the link

So the time has come... after a month or so of messing around with various ideas and the CK I have finally made enough stuff in blackreach to create a beta release! 

Currently the release is stable.. and highly compatible with almost everything.... since nothing really alters blackreach. 

The only incompatibilities that might be a thing is weather and water mods. The .esp should be loaded after those to ensure compatibility. It is only slight visual things so perhaps you do prefer what you already have in which case you just load before any of those mods and let them overwrite. 

The mod have been made with ELFX so it is entirely compatible with it. It should also be compatible with RLO and Relighting skyrim.... I have not tested this 100% yet though, but in any case any conflicts should be minor and hopefully easy to sort out on my end. 

Like I have said on the description page then I do still love feedback, and if anyone of you have a good idea on what to implement or add then just throw the idea in and I will consider it. The main requirement is that it can be done using just the official content... since I am not ready to start adding in custom meshes and what not at this time. 

Thanks for trying out this mod.. I do hope it will fit nicely into some mod lists and will make you want to return to blackreach more often! 

All that said then here is the progress map for the mod and what I plan to do with it! I do ofc. hope for suggestions and inspiration in the thread! 

Progress Post / Roadmap

This post will contain the current progress of what will hopefully be added up towards the final release and perhaps a bit beyond. It highly depends on what people suggest to me or what crazy ideas I come up with myself. 

Ofc. everything below is not 100% set in stone. The content might get changed, cancelled  etc. depending on how much fun and time I got to play with this. 

For version 0.6

Silent City prison camp and clutter: Goal is to make sure the silent city looks a bit more like a falmer stronghold. Expand the area with more cages and perhaps some prisoners alive and dead. 
Progress: 100%

Falmer Camp: Add prison and torture location as well as some things to imply that it is used for some mining as well as farming 

Overseers farm: Expand further on the area to make it look like it was and still is a place of active fungi farming. 

Near Raldbthar: Add the entrance to the future planed new areas, as well as connect it to the manor location. 

Tower of Mzark: Add a few more clutter items and in general make the exterior of it a bit more interesting. I am thinking goods transfer dock kinda deal. 

For version 0.7

Raldbthar Crossing: This is meant to be a transition area that will link to more areas down the road. You can think of it as a central hub. 

Finished the basic layout as well as light placement. 

Total Progress: 85%

Spider Lair: Add a bit more stuff in this region... Make the area seem a bit more dangerous and hence inviting for exploration. 
Progress: 0%

Flora: Will try to go over the various locations with a bit more vines and such to help emphasize the decay and "nature taking over" feel of the place. 

NPCs: Expand on the current custom NPC pool. I imagine some passive slaves that do not attack you but just hide and cover in fear.
Progress: 10%

Visual FX: Try to get some basic visual effects into some of the more prominent locations to add to the atmosphere. 
Progress: 30%

For version 0.8

Raldbthar forge: A forge and factory... The sounds of industry can be heard through the halls... what wonders can be found at the end of the tunnel? 

Tower of Mzark underworks: A hidden passage can be found into this ruined dark place. 

Flora: Will go over the general flora of blackreach, and try to see what can be done in terms of diversity and additions. 

NPCs: Expand on the AI settings. Create a peaceful faction of former slaves with their own little corner of blackreach. 

Unique Enemies: Try to create some unique boss like enemies for the new areas. 

For version 0.9

Atherium halls: Since the region near Raldbthar according to lore was the place where Atherium was mined this is going to be an area where the crystals where processed before being shipped away. As well as displayed and investigated etc. 

Atherium mines: Deep underground these crystals where found.... I am not sure how this will go yet.. If all else fails I guess a giant fire demon and a small ledge will provide loads of cliche fun. 

Puzzles: Since dwemer locations are usually dependent on some sort of puzzle or fancy lever setup I expect I will look at this here for the new areas. 

For version 1.0

Quests: I hope to be able to make at least a single quest with the new areas for release. Hopefully the current ideas are going to allow future expansion as well. But this is going to be the last thing I will try my luck with. 

I do hope it will live up to be part of that very nice pack! The goal is to make sure people have more epic stuff to see and explore. So I guess it will fit in nicely. 

I would also love to know if there is any incompatibility with any of the mods there... so far I have made one quick compatibility update with wayshrines of tamriel. 

I do hope it will live up to be part of that very nice pack! The goal is to make sure people have more epic stuff to see and explore. So I guess it will fit in nicely. 

I would also love to know if there is any incompatibility with any of the mods there... so far I have made one quick compatibility update with wayshrines of tamriel. 

Probably, CJ or Nearox can chimp in about the compatibility with REGS

Version 0.6 is out. Yes I know it is a rather fast update, but I have just been having so much fun these days days hence worked way more then anticipated on this. Also people have come with some suggestions I did not consider which lead to even more fun! 

You can check in the OP what has been finished and added. I will keep it up to date as progress goes on, and I do hope to hear more suggestions from people so I can add even more stuff for the next few updates! :) 

Hi Aiyen,

I had a quick look last night on v,0.6 and so far I am loving it!

Well done mate! Looking very much forward to your next versions!  ::):

As a minor side note: The esp needs "Sorting Masters" as it has DB before DG.

Keep up the excellent work that you are doing!

Okay I have finished up the coarse version of the new area currently called Raldbthar Crossing.... in lack of a better name anyways. 

If any of you want to help out and see what I have made as an addition to the blackreach cavern then drop on over and get the file now.

Instructions on how to get in are 

coc aaaraldbtharcrossing 

from the main menu 

You can provide feedback here or in the dedicated post on the mod comment section! 

Thanks in advance to all who help out, or just download it and see whats up... or down.