Bookmarklet for downloading nexus manual files with a mod manager

mscheetham

Question

I created this bookmarklet to enable downloading with MO for files that only have manual download on nexus, for myself.   So I thought I'd make it available.  I created it for myself, so it is made for my environment (firefox and MO) and is tested nowhere else.

This bookmarklet adds a link named 'Download with Manager' alongside all manual download links to allow a file to be downloaded with a mod manager. 

Note: some downloads are not provided with manager link for a reason, so be aware it will not allow you to install an ENB config with a mod manager for example.  But it will allow you to use a mod manager where normally you'd have to download files and install and input the file id etc

Create a bookmark on your browser ideally on bookmark toolbar and paste the below in the location/URL field:

javascript:(function(){wot2find="/download/";wot2find2=".com/";list=document.getElementsByTagName("a");for(var%20i=0;i<list.length;i++){url=list[i].href;var%20dwnkey=url.indexOf(wot2find);if(dwnkey>-1){var%20IDloc=dwnkey+wot2find.length;var%20gameLoc=url.indexOf(wot2find2)+wot2find2.length;var%20game=url.substring(gameLoc,dwnkey);var%20theID=url.substring(IDloc);theDwnLnk=document.createElement("A");theDwnLnk.href="javascript:(loadBox('http://www.nexusmods.com/"+game+"/ajax/downloadwithnmm?id="+theID+"'));";theText=document.createTextNode("Download%20with%20Manager");theDwnLnk.appendChild(theText);list[i].parentNode.appendChild(theDwnLnk);}}})();

Feel free to mod, post and spread without any need for permissions (It is very simple and took about 10 mins to create afterall)

I'm moving this to the general S&P because it's now good for all the nexus sites. Check it out cuz it's awesome. - SRB

Edited by EssArrBee
  • +1 2

5 answers to this question

> Thanks for making this. :thumbsup:

Like I said it was nothing, I made this for myself and just shared ::):

> Will for the Skyrim/FO3/Oblivion sites too or just FNV?

No, but this version should, I modified it to extract the nexus game name from the url.  Just copy this as before: (i've updated the OP too)

javascript:(function(){wot2find="/download/";wot2find2=".com/";list=document.getElementsByTagName("a");for(var%20i=0;i<list.length;i++){url=list[i].href;var%20dwnkey=url.indexOf(wot2find);if(dwnkey>-1){var%20IDloc=dwnkey+wot2find.length;var%20gameLoc=url.indexOf(wot2find2)+wot2find2.length;var%20game=url.substring(gameLoc,dwnkey);var%20theID=url.substring(IDloc);theDwnLnk=document.createElement("A");theDwnLnk.href="javascript:(loadBox('http://www.nexusmods.com/"+game+"/ajax/downloadwithnmm?id="+theID+"'));";theText=document.createTextNode("Download%20with%20Manager");theDwnLnk.appendChild(theText);list[i].parentNode.appendChild(theDwnLnk);}}})();
Edited by mscheetham
  • +1 1

That is awesome. Thank you for making this. It will really people like me that are constantly downloading and testing stuff.

Actually, I'm going to move this thread to somewhere else now that it works for all the nexus.

EDIT: NVM, I'm not even sure what sub forum to put it in. I'll just point others to this thread.