MO Won't run SKSE

JonasB

Question

I have the skyrim script extender loaded into the mod organizer but it won't run it. Instead it always run skyrim default. I have double-checked and the skse link uses C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\skse_loader.exe as the 'Binary' entry. 

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but whenever I try to load the nexus mod manager it gives me a message saying it can't find the skyrim.ini file, which is weird because I've run the game several times without issue and my understanding is that the .ini is generated when the game is run. Again, not sure if it's relevant, but putting it out there.

Any help is appreciated. 

Hi, I had the same exact problem and i think i figured it out. 

In your Skyrim>Data folder, create a folder called "Scripts", then navigate to the skse>Data>Scripts folder that you download from the site, and copy all the .pex files, then paste them in the Scripts folder you created in your Skyrim directory, this fixed this problem instantly for me. No more SkyUI error notification, and my inventory now opens instantly rather than taking 20 seconds to load. 

Hope this helps someone even though im like 7 years late to the party. :)

p.s. i didnt read every single comment so someone may have already solved this. but here it is anyway. lol

Edited by BloodthirstyM27

39 minutes ago, BloodthirstyM27 said:

Hi, I had the same exact problem and i think i figured it out. 

In your Skyrim>Data folder, create a folder called "Scripts", then navigate to the skse>Data>Scripts folder that you download from the site, and copy all the .pex files, then paste them in the Scripts folder you created in your Skyrim directory, this fixed this problem instantly for me. No more SkyUI error notification, and my inventory now opens instantly rather than taking 20 seconds to load. 

Hope this helps someone even though im like 7 years late to the party. :)

p.s. i didnt read every single comment so someone may have already solved this. but here it is anyway. lol

Yeah... no. That is exactly NOT how you solve it. The whole purpose of MO(2) is to NOT mess up the Skyrim/ Date folder... This is how you install SKSE correctly with MO2. if you did that and still have issues, check and follow the System Setup Guide.

• +1 1