Embers HD (by mindflux)

EssArrBee

Discussion thread:
Embers HD by mindflux
Wiki Link

Accepted for STEP 2.2.9.1.

I saw this mod on the front page and loaded it up. I liked it quite a bit, so I'll mark it for testing since it's just a few textures. It does fires and forges separately, so we can choose to use one, both, or neither. For the screens, I turned the brightness down a smidgen to reduce the glow from the fire to better see the embers.

STEP->Embers HD  (Current STEP is pretty much HRDLC with a couple meshes from SMIM)

Fire pit in Jorvaskar

CwJFpyH.jpgpJia7jX.jpg

Fit pits in cities

kkEpDOs.jpgPqEy3TT.jpg

Forge

b47w38Q.jpgFpz5eAH.jpg

SkyForge

tJL3aAJ.jpgRDPOMUT.jpgW7lIVf3.jpg

These are fire pits from Castle Dawnguard

tCzKHqL.jpg5hiGDJ7.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funkiness might be from the reduced fire glow since I turned down the brightness. Plus, you don't really see the fire like that since those things are eye level. I jumped up on a rock to snap that screen. The SkyForge looks weird in game too. It would look better with a texture that added depth, but that would require a super high poly mesh to match or parallax. 

I agree.  Regular forges look OK with the mod.  The Skyforge does not.  Regular forges have the new mesh over them that looks good and glows OK when the bellows work - would be better if it glowed brighter maybe?  The Skyforge doesn't add a new mesh and with the new texture looks way too flat.  The Skyforge does not glow bright enough at all with the new texture when the bellows work.  It should glow brighter than a regular forge because it's supposed to be a badass forge and all.  Hopefully the author will create a nice cover mesh for the Skyforge that glows appropriately.

Personally, I'm going to have the regular forge files and hide the Skyforge texture in the current version.

EDIT: Actually, I don't like the way the metal bars look in the regular forge...

Edited by oqhansoloqo