v2.2.9.1 Development

TechAngel85

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like all the lines in green have been added to masterlist.yaml.

I have started removing all those LOOT rules from the corresponding mod pages. Does that need to be noted on the changelog? If so, can it just be a general note regarding the removal of LOOT rules? Adding a separate note for each mod seems excessive. EDIT@4:30am: I tried learning how to Changelog, and only ended up removing one LOOT rule. Will correct the rest in around 20 hours. Need sleep.

I also updated the recommendation for Animated Weapon Enchants and added that to the Changelog.

I was looking at previous Changelog for reference, and there didn't seem to be a section for Pre-Release changes in the 2.2.9.1 Changelog.

Should anything that has affected the 2.2.9 guide (such as the above changes) be added here, as well as in the Post-Release section of the 2.2.9 guide?

I've started adding my changes here. Let me know if it needs to have dates like 2.2.9 did, or if anything else is way off the mark.

In the 2.2.9 Changelog there seems to be 2 different notations regarding modified mod notes. 1. In the Post-Release section they are all noted with a description of the change. 2. The Pre-Release section it only lists the pages that were changed. The 2.2.8 Changelog only lists the pages as in 2.

Which way should this be done? Does it matter? And is there a guide somewhere on how to be better at stuff like this so I can stop bothering you guys?

Edited by Xaviien

Changes that affect the current guide go on the current changelog under Post-release changes. This later gets copied and pasted into the new guide as Pre-release changes. Changes that only happen when we release the development guide go under--this might not be the correct name--the release changes. Then it starts over again.

Changes that affect the current guide go on the current changelog under Post-release changes. This later gets copied and pasted into the new guide as Pre-release changes. Changes that only happen when we release the development guide go under--this might not be the correct name--the release changes. Then it starts over again.

Yeah, that's totally weird. I didn't understand the reasoning for the pre-release section for a current or upcoming release. It made no since to me sense to me besides for things like this small change. I'm the one that told him to just put it in the 2.2.9.1 Changelog since that release is just around the corner.

Makes sense to me. Thanks for clearing that up DoubleYou.
I'll start posting my changes in the post release section of 2.2.9, remove the pre release section from 2.2.9.1, and it can all be copied over later.

EDIT: I have started removing all those LOOT rules from the corresponding mod pages. Do each of those need to be noted on the changelog individually?

Edited by Xaviien

We can get rid of the PMOP errors by hiding some of the scripts that conflict. There's now one from Core because CCF ans WAF has the same script. I his the one from CCF and the PMOP error goes away. Core probably apply that too Extended so people stop asking about the error.

These scripts are identical.  If I edit my scripts, I rename them.  Maybe I should have renamed these anyway.  Didn't anticipate that reusing the same script would cause error messages.

MO has that potential mod order problem thing built in to detect script conflicts. It doesn't mean there is a conflict, it's just saying that it could be a mod order problem. If I switched the order of WAF and CCF, it would probably still have the error, but recommend to switch the order again.

It isn't needed though. MO has perfectly functional, and accurate, conflict management tools in the 'Conflicts' tab of the left-hand pane or the 'Data' tab in the right-hand pane.

Both of those show which script is winning and which is losing. The problem with the plugin is the circular references it makes that generate a whole list of mods that it suggests needing to be moved when in fact only the last installed mod is the culprit.

It is that last aspect that causes all the confusion. I've lost count of the amount of questions about which order the mods need to be in based on the warning message.

The ambitious side of my mind says:

"go on, have a shot at writing something and improve it."

The logical side of my mind says:

"are you nuts, you couldn't write code to save your life!"

Unfortunately, the logical side of my mind has always proven to be correct. I lack the gene or something for creative programming.

If we ever got a tutorial on what to set up and a basic skeleton of a plugin I would at least try. I love failing miserably! :woot: