v2.2.9.1 Development

TechAngel85

Normals are normally done with lossless, yes, but most (except really smooth ones at char level that you can get very close to in game), but 565 is Ethatron's custom algorithm that reduces size by one third with no detectable quality loss and technically retaining the uncompressed format. IMO, all uncompressed normals (with few exceptions) should be treated with 565.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I determined this from looking at the other interface mods. The mod doesn't actually change anything. It simply adds a MCM menu (like many other mods) which tells you some information about your character's associated Factions. It's not changing, adding, subtracting, or effecting the UI in any way like all the other Interface mods do. Thus, I determined Gameplay would be a better fit since the information from this mod would be a gameplay aspect.

That was my reasoning; however, if most disagree that's fine. It could honestly go both way depending on the way you look at it. Myself, I see it more gameplay since it doesn't match what the interface mods are doing.

I'd call it an interface mod as well, even though it's not the same as other interface mods that add or remove things from the immediately visible or most used portions UI.

It does add to the UI, it's just hidden away in the MCM, which technically is a part of the UI. Just my 2 cents.

I don't know. I just feel just because a mod adds an MCM doesn't automatically make it an Interface mod. That's just how the author chose to display the info. He could have just as easily made a "journal" book that updated whenever you joined a new faction as if the PC was keeping up with it for their own record. That would make it a gameplay mod for sure. So, just because it's a MCM doesn't necessarily make it an Interface mod.

I determined this from looking at the other interface mods. The mod doesn't actually change anything. It simply adds a MCM menu (like many other mods) which tells you some information about your character's associated Factions. It's not changing, adding, subtracting, or effecting the UI in any way like all the other Interface mods do. Thus, I determined Gameplay would be a better fit since the information from this mod would be a gameplay aspect.

That was my reasoning; however, if most disagree that's fine. It could honestly go both way depending on the way you look at it. Myself, I see it more gameplay since it doesn't match what the interface mods are doing.

It's not changing, adding, subtracting, or effecting the Gameplay in any way like all the other Gameplay mods do.

Could be said either way really. This mod doesn't really have a proper category and it doesn't matter where we put it. 

"Yeah its definitely an Gameplay mod. It makes no changes to the UI of the Dragonborn as to what factions he/she can join, only reminds him/her of which ones are current."

On reflection, my previous post did sound a tad dogmatic and after seeing the reasoning of others I can see why it could fall into either, or neither, of those categories, hence this 'edited' post to balance it out.