1st PC Build (Budget)

Vexzarium

Congrats! 20$ says your second build won't have LEDs or you'll have LEDs that you can turn off completely!

Are you kidding me? Lights make the machine, and "Uthgerd" is damn purrty. I might just be me, I buy everything for looks not just performance ::D:. Why else have a case with a window when the machine is not all lit up inside. I'd take that bet.

This might be the wrong place, but my build "Uthgerd" drew some attention locally and now I'm on to building a productivity PC for someone. This is what I've come up with: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vexzarium/saved/#view=4Pjscf

They have a demanding list of requirements, mostly features. And they own a business that is web based. And use the Adobe suite very often. I couldn't see the cost:performance value of going with a i7 5000 series, especially with the cost of Mobo's and RAM. And obviously this is not a gaming build so the GPU is a bit on the lighter side, but the OpenCL/GL and the 4GB of Vram should do it justice for Adobe.

Budget is $2000 with everything included like Tax, O.S., shipping, and labor. So I'd be sittin' pretty on about $300 for the build.

The Grand Total before labor is $1694.62.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Vexzarium

I was at the understanding that OpenCL/GL was performed better by AMD cards. Unless those variants of Adobe do not use OpenCL? That is where I found myself torn, again. I can't go with a workstation caliper GPU, it's out of her budget. So I need to choose a consumer GPU and they will not be able to do any text hacks to make a Nvidia card work. Based on Adobe's site, the R9 series is supported. While for Nvidia, only up to the 700 series is supported, not the 900 series. So I've opted for a mid grade gpu with a good amount of Vram.

Edited by Vexzarium

Likely the last post I'll make, as this is an old topic now. I figured I'd show all the people who helped me piece this rig together what TES:V is looking like through the eyes of Uthgerd:

Edit: Not a fan of posting pics like this but wanted to make sure there's no issues from the links.

EDIT 2: Images removed

STEP:Core 2.2.9 + RealVision ENB 266b Full + uGrids 7

Technically, some elements of STEP:Core 2.2.9 had to be slightly modified to suite ENB better. i.e. I had to opt for a different SFO that had less saturation. The last 4 photos were my best attempts to make the FPS drop to show the typical lowest FPS.

Thanks for all the guidance. Whether I used the exact suggestions or not, each one led me to my own opinions and conclusions that would have been made with ignorance otherwise. 

Edited by Vexzarium

I just found my CPU's max OC at 1.3v... 4.7ghz. Not sure how safe I feel at this level or if 4.4ghz is good enough... Running the burns now.

Edit: Never mind, I live near the Silicon Valley and got screwed by the Silicon Lottery... My 4690k will post but is unstable at 4.7, 4.6, and just barely didn't pass the Intel Burn Test on Maximum Setting @ 4.5ghz. All voltages were set to 1.3v. But it passes all burn tests no problem at 4.4ghz @ 1.2v. Too bad really... unless 4.4ghz is good for the 4690k?

Knew I should've chosen the 8370 :( jk

Edit: Decided to un-overclock everything and give it a go all stock... this thing is still a monster. And now I can run all my fans near dead silent.

Edited by Vexzarium