Skyrim Using 50%+ of CPU With STEP Core + One Tweak

Lohengramm

Question

Is this a known issue? I am new to all this modding so I have no idea why these would not play nice together. As soon as I took One Tweak out my system went back to Skyrim barely passing 5% most of the time. I am using ENB Boost and one of the recommended presets, no idea if that would matter. I really would like to be able to play Skyrim in borderless mode like One Tweak had it. I tried ENB's borderless and it didn't really seem to work iirc.

8GB DDR3 RAM

3.3 GHz Intel i-5 2500k

GTX 770 2GB

Windows 7 Ultimate

6 answers to this question

Something is not right there. I barely get over 12% CPU usage. The only difference of note is my CPU is an i7, but that surely can't account for that difference. Like you I use OneTweak because of the combined tools it provides, I know others here don't think much of it.

If you really believe OneTweak is the culprit and can't live without borderless windows, there are other ways that you can get.

I don't know about STEP Core, haven't loaded that profile up in a bit. However, in my custom profile SR:LE + REGS + PerMa and some other goodies + Vividian I get about 35-50% on my i7 though granted Skyrim Performance Monitor might be picking up other processes.

The other weird thing was, it made all my load times take roughly 10x longer than usual. I'm not exaggerrating either, Skyrim is installed on a modern SSD, as is my OS and my pagefile (different one, though), so my load times are usually non-existant, but this was causing them to take up to a whole minute to load Whiterun for whatever reason.

I know it wasn't a virus scanner because I don't have one, and I opened Windows Task Manager and saw Skyrim's process using 50% CPU pretty much constantly. I don't know, maybe this is was an anomaly and it won't happen again. I'll try using One Tweak again tonight and report back. I have to go to work now.

For load times make sure to not count the initial load of a cell.. only count the ones following. The first load will always take longer when you have more stuff going on. However once everything is in memory it should load near instant. 

Also do not worry too much about CPU load... unless it is at like 99% all the time (with massive slowdowns etc) there is not really anything to worry about. 

For load times make sure to not count the initial load of a cell.. only count the ones following. The first load will always take longer when you have more stuff going on. However once everything is in memory it should load near instant. 

Also do not worry too much about CPU load... unless it is at like 99% all the time (with massive slowdowns etc) there is not really anything to worry about. 

oh, I only checked my CPU load after I noticed all kinds of stuff was acting funny. Load times were terrible, everywhere, like going into the Companions house AND leaving it would take far longer than normal. As well, I was experiencing "script lag" I assume, because some things just weren't responsive as they should have been.

I'm at work so I can't go find the direct link, but if you want to look up Lohengramm under Modwat.ch I uploaded my set there. Nobody else has noticed anything especially demanding in it so far.

Edited by Lohengramm