Mod Organizer corrupted - ini tweak & "none of the available installer"

Renvyn

Question

Hi there.

I re-installed Skyrim & Mod Organizer a few hours ago and started downloading and installing mods. Everything was fine until I installed RealVision ENB from Nexusmods. Now I am unable to install any mods in MO because of the "None of the available installer plugins were able to handle that archive" bug. I have tried downloading it manually... nope - still the same problem. A different site with mods and a manual installation? Problem still persists. As a bonus the ini tweaking tool seems broken. Whenever I click the puzzle pieces button (where the tweaking tools are in the submenu that pops up) absolutely nothings happens. No submenu appears.

Quite frankly, I have no clue if my problems are the result of this particular mod... highly unlikely... seems like a random corruption. I am shocked because MO is so reliable and I never had any issues with it. This just popped out all out of sudden and it's no longer usable.

My question is: how do I fix this? The easiest way would be to re-install MO, I know... but I am afraid I have no idea how to do this without breaking up my game. I want all my mods and data intact.

Thank you.

2 answers to this question

Try re-installing MO. The mod in question should have no impact on how the INI Editor works, so I think we can say your MO installation is toast!

Not a big deal though. Follow the instructions in the wiki and backup you settings. You can read how here and here.

All the settings are just text files and folders, nothing in the registry so you can be assured it is all safe.

As too the RealvisionENB, since you will need to install most of that from outside of MO anyway, you can play it safe and download manually.