Perkus Maximus (PerMa - PaMa) Pack

I am following the SR:LE guide and setting up Perkus Maximus. I am having an issue with invisible heads inside the helmets when using Improved Closed Faced Helmets (ICH). A google search revealed some queries around this same issue but no solutions were offered. I surmised that the problem arises because the stats have been changed by Perkus Maximus.

Is there a solution when using ICH or is the remedy not to use ICH which Perkus Maximus?

• 2 weeks later...

PerMa users who run a full SRLE + REGS setup including ASIS should make sure that mods from PaMa's blocklist are on the ASIS blocklist as well. Otherwise PaMa will ignore those mods first, but then process them anyway, because they are on ASIS's master list. In that case those mods will appear at the very end of PaMa's master list, so the masters will be out of order.

Affected mods are Convenient Horses (Convenient Horses.esp) from SRLE and Spectraverse (Magic of the Magna-Ge.esp) from REGS.

Alternatively ASIS could be run after PaMa, but I don't know if that can cause other problems.

• +1 1

Oh huh... yeah forgot about ASIS. I don't use it. I'll add a note when I'm feeling better. Just got out of bed to get something to eat figured I'd check the forums, before going back to sleep. I'll also make note of Spectraverse (which really shouldn't be used with PerMa anyways IMO) I've heard reports of incompatibility and it says " Warning:The mods listed in this section will affect some of the game's mechanics and might not always be compatible with some of the popular overhauls." in the REGS guide.

• 3 weeks later...

I had pretty severe script lag using SRLE REGS and Perma together. Considering I run a i7 4770k with 16GB 2400MHz RAM and a 7970 GPU I was wondering if this affected others?

I cut down and am testing a setup with the following removed:

iNeed

3DNPC

Frostfall

Real Shelter

Helgen Reborn

Arena quests

Wet and Cold

Footprints

I know it removes immersion but my main focus was prettying up Skyrim and increasing creature/NPC diversity & difficulty. Nobody wants to be able to 2 shot a dragon at lvl40+ like you can in vanilla. Lag seems to have reduced dramatically and general gameplay is running ok. I do notice a bit of a slowdown with Whiterun market installed but only in its vicinity.

Ok, good to know that Footprints is possibly the key lag inducer... although it could just be the combination of a few heavy mods toppling my setup. I'll try following the Helgen Reborn instructions and enable it when I fire up the game again. As I said, the key to this playthrough is to keep me there till I finish the game (which has never happened yet due to the difficulty dropping at higher levels and causing boredom) which requires less immersion, more challenge... and some nice extras which REGS provides :)

Just an update this pack will probably not have any more updates for several weeks as some of the mods have updated and there are some new ones. I'll need to test them at which point the Wyre Bash and SUM sections will be added since I don't feel like rewriting if something is wrong. What I've bee doing is running Wyre Bash BETA making sure to select everything I don't want to be merged (things from the guides and personal merges) and then running SUM having Patchus Maximus go first then DSR. This may be a while in coming as I have several essays to write in addition to other things fro my classes, it will be updated.

Also no haven't noticed your issue erenar with a Full SRLE+REGS + PerMa pack setup (minus ASIS) and that includes the mods you removed (although I'm not using Helgen Reborn either).

Hi Neo :)

A couple of settings you suggested but may well have been a matter of choice anyway:

ReservedMemorySizeMb=512 (this was set to 256 but 512 seems to have made a large difference in reducing stutter)
VideoMemorySizeMb=4096 (my vid card is 3072MB but I saw a suggestion that you can alter this to RAM+VRAM-2048. I have 16GB and 3GB so a slight increase over the original 3072 value I had).

EnableVSync=false (allowing my driver to take over)

EnableEdgeAA=false (to increase fps (slightly))

Although ATI GPUs are pretty hard workhorses, they're far too noisy and I'll be looking at the Asus GTX 980 at some point which should help with other aspects. I'm finding a single gpu to be a little underwhelming with ENB and have been using ENB indoors and flat gray drab Vanilla renderer outdoors... pretty sucky but whatever, you do what you can to stabilise :) I also increase iMinGrassSize to 20 as, although it looks awesome, the extra grass was destroying my fps.

Oh, and thanks for all the hard work, testing and research you put into making a great mod pack :)

Edited by Erenar