CTD after install ENBoost by STEP

hardtroll

Question

Hi there, 

I am not an expert in modding at all, but I would like to follow STEP, and some GEMS mod to have a full modded Skyrim.

I am french and I will try to do my best to write in a proper bloodyhellwhatthe**** english.

My first problem remains at the ENBoost step (after Stable uGridsToLoad installation). SKSE from Mod orginiser cannot launch skyrim anymore, it result to a CTD !

When I remove d3d9.dll, enbhost.exe, and enblocal.ini form my skyrim folder, I can launch via SKSE in mod orginiser and play again.

I have try to change enblocal.ini VideoMemorySizeMb=XXXX from 10240 to 5120, but it is same.

Have someone an idea about that ?

My system  i5-4590, 8 gb ram, and gtx 970

skyrim.ini : (trough Mod orginiser of course )

[General]

sLanguage=ENGLISH

uExterior Cell Buffer=36

sIntroSequence=

fFlickeringLightDistance=8192

[Display]

fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0

fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000.0

fLightLODMaxStartFade=3500.0

iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048

bAllowScreenshot=1

fSunShadowUpdateTime=0.25

fSunUpdateThreshold=1.5

iPresentInterval = 1

[Audio]

fMusicDuckingSeconds=6.0

fMusicUnDuckingSeconds=8.0

fMenuModeFadeOutTime=3.0

fMenuModeFadeInTime=1.0

[Grass]

bAllowCreateGrass=3

bAllowLoadGrass=0

[GeneralWarnings]

SGeneralMasterMismatchWarning=One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for more information.

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

[Combat]

fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0

fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0

f1PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7

f3PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7

f1PBoltTiltUpAngle=0.7

f3PBoltTiltUpAngle=0.7

[Papyrus]

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

bEnableLogging=0

bEnableTrace=0

bLoadDebugInformation=0

[Water]

bReflectLODObjects=1

bReflectLODLand=1

bReflectSky=1

bReflectLODTrees=1

[Actor]

fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist=12288.0000

[Camera]

fOverShoulderAddY=0.0

fOverShoulderPosZ=18.0

fOverShoulderPosX=0.0

fOverShoulderCombatAddY=0.0

fOverShoulderCombatPosZ=24.0

fOverShoulderCombatPosX=0.0

fOverShoulderHorseAddY=-72.0

fOverShoulderHorsePosZ=50.0

fOverShoulderHorsePosX=35.0

fActorFadeOutLimit=-100

fMouseWheelZoomSpeed=60.0

f1st3rdSwitchDelay=0.95

iHorseTransitionMillis=001

[interface]

fBookOpenTime=200.0

fSafeZoneX=10

fSafeZoneY=10

fSafeZoneXWide=10

fSafeZoneYWide=10

[VATS]

fVATSCastingAfterKillDelay=1.2000

uVATSRangedPercentSneak=100

uVATSRangedPercentGlobal=100

bVATSMultipleCombatants=1

bVATSForceRanged=1

bVATSDisable=1

Enblocal.ini:

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true
UseDefferedRendering=false
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512
VideoMemorySizeMb=5120
EnableCompression=true
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=false
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=10.0

[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num /       106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115

Thanks !!!!

• Answers 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

No, it wont crash anything. :) 

It's just a little utility that's installed like a Mod. It produces a log of your memory use at any given time. From that one can determine if the memory block allocation is working OK.

Not absolutely necessary, but I always toss it in for a new build just to check I've not done anything wrong memory wise.

That's the message you get when only ENBoost is running. It's perfectly normal. If you want to run a preset, you'll have to change a few parameters in enblocal.ini. An easier way to test is to load the game, alt+tab out of the game, open task manager, and look for enbhost.exe in the processes tab. If you see that process there, it's working.

Thanks a lot to all of you, with special mention to STEP staff, you really give happiness to me you cannot imagine !!!!! No I will keep on following the STEP's step. 

For the ENB, I think I will try it certainly after installing STEP.....when going pick up some mods on GEM's ....but this is another chapter ....

TTTTTTHHHHHHAAAAANNNKKKKSSSSSSSSSS

Glad you guys got this figured out :)

Just to get one last word in on the OT bit I rudely started previously ...

Problem is that it is not always just "some cards" ... it is "some cards and 3rd party software". It can be some mostly harmless widget addon the user likes and forgot was installed.. but it also does the same calls that ENB does which cause windows to say... access denied.

Also in many cases of ENB not working then it is some DirectX dependency that is not installed... again something that is annoying, and will help create this black box type scenario.  

All true, but with more than five or so decent records for a given issue, a rough pattern could emerge ... not to mention other interesting things coming from tying certain issues to certain hardware. As the sample of records increases for a given issue, we are likely to learn something interesting. One thing that is certain: we won't learn anything without capturing the relationship (well, those of us without "total recall" anyway ;) )

I would love a database on GPU:issue data relating to some specific issues relevant on these forums ... probably a bit of a lofty goal, but .......

I also have similar specs to OP (GTX 970, 8gb ram, i5-2500k) and I was having this exact issue for this whole past week. I thought I fixed it with the injector version but I believe the real cause of my ctds came down to enb conflicting with msi afterburner/rivatuner stats on screen display. I disabled that and tested multiple times with no crashes. I have since uninstalled afterburner and now i just use nvidia inspector for my overclocking needs (as recommended by step). So my advice would be to have a look into any overlays/frame limiters/overclocking software etc. Basically anything that seems like it could interfere with enb even remotely and disable it.

I think my game should be crash free now but who knows maybe it'll start happening again.

For the record I'm using True Vision ENB with: expandsystemmemoryx64=true and videomemorysize=10240. Looks great.

hello i am not were good with this i have done all step but i still get CDT then i use ENBoost somtimes i can go throw leading wiout ctd but then i ctd then i am travling  (not fast travling) i dont know what to do i look and my compiutor is new so i think it suld be no problem plz help me

sorry for my english