Combining Sys RAM+VRAM in enblocal.ini

FuzzRocket9

Question

Thought I'd make a thread for this question if anyone is stuck as I am and needs a bit of handholding to the destination.

I'm at the part where I'm editing the enblocal.ini files. On [MEMORY], It tells me to add up both my VRAM and System RAM together, then It said if I do it wrong, I can harm my PC or something along that line. Here's what I know I have and please let me know if I got this part wrong:

System RAM: 4GB

Video RAM: 1024mb

So total would be 5024, correct?

VideoMemorySizeMb=5024, and my PC shouldn't get stressed out and melt on me, right right?

Also when I'm running the Skyrim Performance Monitor, on top where it says VRAM, it should be using about 5gbs, right? In the past, I've only seen go to 1gb, which makes me sad, because I wasn't able to running any good texture mods, but whatever, I'm here for the questing. Thanks for all your hard work, everyone :)

*Off-topic: I noticed something minor missing on the guide, the last part that explains how to create a TES5edit backup folder after cleaning the first file, update.esm*

Edited by FuzzRocket9

3 answers to this question

With only 4Gb of memory one can question if you should even be using Enboost at all. 

You would most likely not be able to exceed the 3.1Gb before windows says to complain about running out of memory... and as such it decided to terminate the process. 

And the VRAM counter should only ever be able to go to your physical amount of VRAM. 

Enboost does not provide more VRAM..it only creates another process that textures can be offloaded onto so the game does not crash at 3.1Gb use. Basically anyways. 

Okay I see. So remove enboost? I'd like to hold on to it for the v-sync, windowed, and frame rate limiter options. All-in-one for me.

If you guys think I can hold on to enboost with no issues, do I leave "VideoMemorySizeMb=" blank and enable "AutodetectVideoMemorySize="?

I don't wanna double post, hope you guys haven't forgotten about me.

Edited by FuzzRocket9