GOD Awful AA Issues

GamerPoets

Question

Hey everyone,

So I had this issue before. Got a new GPU, still have the same issue. AA is awful. Chunky white lines crawling on nearly everything. Worse at a distance. Issue happens with or without ENB. I need some advanced help. Issue has been ongoing. 

-All .ini settings skyrim.ini, skyrimprefs.ini set to STEP specifications. Added Z Fighting changes from STEP guide. No other changes.

-GeForce GTX980 4GB 256bit, downloaded NVIDIA Inspector. All settings set to STEP specified. Never used NVIDIA before so I don't know what to play with and what not to. Just left everything STEP. Updated to latest driver. Nothing/Never overclocked. No planning on it.

-i7 2700k

-OS on SDD

-Steam/Skyrim on separate SSD

-Direct X runtime June2010

EDIT: Currently have RealVision ENB on with ini stuff turned on for it to work. Again, even without the ENB the AA is just as bad. The ENB just make it stand out a tiny bit more.

This is a link to my google Drive. 20 second video clip. Watch the stairs beyond the bay. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7GIzpkTmowVczF5VGFjbk5LcWs/view?usp=sharing

didn't change anything that I can think of. This is after a full system reinstall and remodding everything. Nothing added to the system other than whats mentioned above. 

That doesn't help either way. Same exact issue with my Radeon 7900 series. Biggest reason to purchase this card was to hope to get rid of the issue. New Card. New brand. Same exact issue. Literally looks like there is no AA no matter what I do.  The way the lines are seen in the video. Exactly how they are on my PC. 

Wierd AA stuff is likely due to basic setting issues. Ensure that you have all (no more, no less) INI/launcher/driver settings as explained in the guide. Main areas of interest are ENBoost INI settings, skyrimprefs.ini and NVIDIA/AMD driver settings.

Others may have more specific answers, as i have never had cause to investigate AA issues.

Also, you got some kudos on your vids ;)

Thanks for that link =) Appreciate that. 

I did the settings stuff. Do you think it would be a driver issue Z? direct x or something? Its crazy. I followed STEP to the T. (and to the P lol) with these settings, things use to work fine. Now its like no matter what settings i do everything always stays the same. I mean, I can turned AA on and off and every combination of settings and its like nothing is even slightly different. Even with different GPU's now. Same thing. I have Direct X11 says my system.

EDIT: also, its not just skyrim, Fallout 3. Same exact thing

Yes, it could be drivers themselves. There are so many things it could be. Try updating to latest drivers or even previous versions.

You may need to go over all of your settings again though, because certain settings may not have same impact with your new card.

you should probably post your system specs so that others with like setup or hardware knowledge can help.

Tech has had a lot of XP with AA stuff.

Thats what it feels like. I've reinstalled this system so many times in the last 6 weeks its rediculous. I might do it again and see what happens. I noticed this time that steam automatically installed a version of direct x. maybe thats doing it. i dont know.