The best Blackreach!

Almost at the end of the various major construction efforts. I am kinda running out of real estate without cluttering up the entire place too much... I guess there should also be a little bit that resemble uncivilized caverns as well. 

Currently I got plans for two more major construction efforts. 

First is expanding the gatehouse area, so it will look a bit more majestic. 

The other is to add a few more massive structures near the cathedral and massive waterfall area.. so that part in general looks a bit more like it was inhabited once.

After that is finished, the next step will be to pretty up the various locations with more clutter type objects, so the areas are more interesting to explore. 

I do hope that I will figure out how to create loot, monsters and other stuff that can be linked to the already existing leveled lists later, since a few of the locations really would benefit from having a falmer or two. 

I guess if I get really into it down the line.. then I could start to create new sub caverns as their own interiors and try to make the whole area appear even larger... Oh a boy can dream! :) 

I have also decided to make the mod require all of the DLC except hearthfire. There are some nice new models in the other expansions that really helps to make the place more diverse looking. 

I do hope to have a beta version up for testing soon! 

Yes that would probably be ideal, adding more "room". I don't know if Elianora but you might contact her/him for advice on making things look nicer. Their house mods and such are top notch. I think they either are or have experience with interior design so I think it'd be worth a try to ask.

Will keep Elianora in mind if it becomes relevant with the assistance!

As for JK... it was his mods that more or less inspired this project to begin with. But I do not plan on the project to have a scope where it really requires more then one person. But I guess once the mod is more complete I can shift it past him to get some input. 

• 3 weeks later...

Okay a progress update for anyone following this. 

I do think the mod is ready for some more extensive testing... at least I would love some input from others since my own ideas as well as the available real estate is shrinking. Mainly I am just focusing on adding small clutter items, as well as added detail to various locations currently.

Currently there are hydro dams... lava falling from the sky... mysterious soul gem structures to name the highlights... but also lots of other various smaller and greater construction projects to add a bit more charm and a bit more to see. 

So if anyone wants to experience the new blackreach, as well as provide some feedback and suggestions for future expansion, just throw me a pm. 

Always thought crabs with glowing mushrooms attached to their backs would be welcome in the waters here. Heck what about just making some normal crabs glow due to them eating the local plant life or something? I would not mind you using or restructuring my water plants to look like some weird glowing aloe vera looking things as their food source too. Other than that all I can think of is something like adding ancient cave paintings to rock walls to give it a bit of history.

Glowing crabs... love the idea! :) 

Guess it will be for phase two or so... for now I think I will stick to using what is in the official files as well as the DLC rather than create custom meshes. I will have to take a look at your water plants though.. since I have actually been considering adding more flora down there to help break up the monotomy of the place. And fungi while getting you far.. just is a bit cliche I think.