Custom Relighting Skyrim

I have a question about the guide.

In the Relighting Skyrim section, it says to download the customized version of Relighting Skyrim... I assume to make sure it doesn't conflict with ELEFX, but in the BOSS loot order it says to make sure that Relighting Skyrim - FULL loads after Relighting Skyrim. However, the custom download doesn't come with a relightingskyrim.esp, just the FULL version.

Am I also meant to download and install the Relighting Skyrim mod off the Nexus and then install the custom version as well?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

hmm, after testing a bit, i'm really sure load does matter. when i put RS-ELFX high in the load i get pure white blocks, squares, candles and certain structures (like rafters and columns in whiterun hall of the gead). they are pure white and MFG Cosole shows the items as being affected by elfx. they get worse if i use candlelight spell or a torch.

if i put RSELFX below elfx, then all looks good. and that's fine. i just don't want any of elfx's  dramatic look changed at all bt RS unless it's just the simple light source correction

Thats really odd, the default location according to BOSS for Relighting Skyrim is almost right after the esms. That being said, in my custom version all the cell edits / light edits that conflicted with ELFX are removed so not sure how/why you'd even see a difference. Maybe a conflict with something else in the load order? Not sure.

• +1 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Please let us know here when you do or if you don't.  I'd try to do it myself, but when I look at the new version's install package... it had multiple options, many .ESPs and other types of non-plugin files.  Your version is only 1 .ESP file... I don't know what you did to get your ELFX compatible version, or how the other files come into play.

If it was just 1 .ESP file to go through and resolve conflicts it would be easy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Neovalen, I'd like to try to make my own ELFX compatible version of Relighting Skyrim 4.0.  Do you have any advice on which installation options to chose and how to go about editing (TES5Editting or which files to delete/hide in MO) Relighting Skyrim in order to do this?

BTW - I use ELFX for interiors (along with ELFX Enhancer), and RLO for exteriors and weather.  Aren't some people working on getting RS to combine nicely with ELE and make it an official STEP lighting solution?  Hmm... Perhaps I should wait until that happens first before trying to edit RS 4.0 for my set up (since eventually it may include STEP's lighting mod solution that will possibly include ELE).