None of my Skyprocs are working after update

Jverv

Question

Updated to 1.2.17 and MO no longer runs any of the tools. BOSS, Boss Userlist Manager (BUM), Bash, etc.

Cannot confirm this. Mine works fine, simply used installer version to overwrite existing installation.

If problem persists submit a bug genie report with as much info about your system / os as possible for Tannin.

Updated to 1.2.17 and MO no longer runs any of the tools. BOSS, Boss Userlist Manager (BUM), Bash, etc.

The current bug report also has users noting this but as you can see from posts here, it is reproducible in 100% of occasions.

Perhaps you could post your setup on the Bug Genie and perhaps the reason for your error may be found.

The current bug report also has users noting this but as you can see from posts here, it is reproducible in 100% of occasions.

Perhaps you could post your setup on the Bug Genie and perhaps the reason for your error may be found.

I managed to fixed by moving my mods, profiles, and *.ini folders/files to backup then completely uninstalling MO and its directory. Then reinstalling 1.2.17 as a new folder/app and moving the backup files back into that folder after reinstalling MO. Looking in the windows "event viewer" for applications, is shows an error with "apphelp.dll" which is located in the windows\system32 folder any time MO 1.2.17 tried to start a tool. At the time it was 100% reproducible, but with complete reinstall it is not. I am using windows 7 professional. I could not figure out what to do with bug genie.

Good catch with the event viewer, it would be interesting to know what the error message was.

apphelp.dll is connected to windows application compatibility system I believe. One part of this system is the manual compatibility mode you can set up for applications but Windows has some automatic hacks it will apply. Say an application has a bug and frequently crashes with an error indicating heap corruption, Windows will activate its "Fault Tolerant Heap" (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd744764%28v=vs.85%29.aspx) for that application and bam, crash disappears (although the bug is still there waiting to hit again. A nightmare on development systems).

So a possible explanation for your problem is that something made windows flag MO's hook.dll as "bugged" and activated some form of automatic workaround which in turn broke it completely.

By reinstalling MO you might have reset Windows' compatibility info for MO and thus allowed it to run again.

Because from my end, there are no "hidden" settings for MO. There's the settings in ModOrganizer.ini and the files and that's that. There should be no difference between an updated version and a fresh install.

Good catch with the event viewer, it would be interesting to know what the error message was.

apphelp.dll is connected to windows application compatibility system I believe. One part of this system is the manual compatibility mode you can set up for applications but Windows has some automatic hacks it will apply. Say an application has a bug and frequently crashes with an error indicating heap corruption, Windows will activate its "Fault Tolerant Heap" (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd744764%28v=vs.85%29.aspx) for that application and bam, crash disappears (although the bug is still there waiting to hit again. A nightmare on development systems).

So a possible explanation for your problem is that something made windows flag MO's hook.dll as "bugged" and activated some form of automatic workaround which in turn broke it completely.

By reinstalling MO you might have reset Windows' compatibility info for MO and thus allowed it to run again.

Because from my end, there are no "hidden" settings for MO. There's the settings in ModOrganizer.ini and the files and that's that. There should be no difference between an updated version and a fresh install.

I originally install MO 1.2.17 over MO 1.2.15 using the installer. When things started failing, I tried the manual install version. All MO launched utilities were failing. Below are sample reports from Windows Event viewer:

Faulting application name: BOSS Userlist Manager.exe, version: 6.7.2.0, time stamp: 0x535567ba

Faulting module name: apphelp.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ce7b73e

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x6e3bfff6

Faulting process id: 0x91c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d02ea08f903bc4

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\BOSS Userlist Manager\BOSS Userlist Manager.exe

Faulting module path: apphelp.dll

Report Id: ce6d76c7-9a93-11e4-8558-902b343d1f4f

Faulting application name: BOSS.exe, version: 2.3.0.0, time stamp: 0x5369361f

Faulting module name: apphelp.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ce7b73e

Fault offset: 0x6e3bfff6

Faulting process id: 0x1abc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d02e9f38223c19

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\BOSS\BOSS.exe

Report Id: 75d389ba-9a92-11e4-8558-902b343d1f4f

Faulting application name: cmd.exe, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce78e2b

Fault offset: 0x71c1fff6

Faulting process id: 0x1bf4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d02e9ace690a76

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cmd.exe

Report Id: 0c668420-9a8e-11e4-b00d-902b343d1f4f

Reinstalling from scratch fixed the problem. But I have no idea what caused it in the first place. All applications were launched through MO.

Edited by DanimalTwo