Mod Organizer Change Browser

Gilgamesh

Question

Hello I was download this and using the S.T.E.P Mod Organizer guide, when I get to Initial Setup it tells me to use the globe it just opens with Internet Explorer I have tried using Internet Explorer but I only get "Internet Explorer do you what this site to open an app on your computer" But it does not let me look for an app on my computer it send me to the App Store. So here I am looking for help on trying to change my browser to Google Chrome. If any one can help thanks

Info you might need

Desktop

Fallout NV (Game I'm trying to use it for)

Had NMM download

Had FOMM download

Ran NxmHandler.EXE as Administrator

Ran MO as Administrator then hit Associate with "Download with manager" links

I have seen a fix for Google Chrome that is why I wish to move to Chrome.

Let me know if you need any more info

Edited by Gilgamesh

7 answers to this question

Not familiar with how Win 8.1 handles IE so I'm only offering suggestions.

When you are actually using IE to browse the Nexus website and you click a mod's "Download with Manager" icon, what happens.

By this I mean you have started IE normally, without using MO to launch it via the globe icon.

Is that behaviour the same for all unknown filetypes or extensions? ie. are you taken to the app store instead of searching your computer?

Edited by GrantSP

Hello and thanks for the help but it seem it is not working I have set associations .nxm with Nexus mod manager mod archive

I have hit Change Program on it and linked it to the nxmhandler.exe then i tried to download a mod from Nexus i still get nothing so I believe it is not working.

Is that behaviour the same for all unknown filetypes or extensions? ie. are you taken to the app store instead of searching your computer?

Yes it takes me to the app store and will not let me search my computer I was able to get it go to FireFox and I have been using it.

Edited by Gilgamesh

Hello and thanks for the help but it seem it is not working I have set associations .nxm with Nexus mod manager mod archive...

You mean Mod Organizer don't you?

Yes it takes me to the app store and will not let me search my computer I was able to get it go to FireFox and I have been using it.

Were you not able to choose Chrome?

Edited by GrantSP

Sorry that it didn't work, thanks for trying. If I can ask do you have nexus mod manager installed? MO piggybacks on the nxm link when it is installed.

MO uses the system registered web browser. If IE opens when you press the globe icon on the tool bar then that is the system default. As far as I know the only way to change it is to make another browser the system default. That can be done from the settings in the browser.

Sorry that it didn't work, thanks for trying. If I can ask do you have nexus mod manager installed? MO piggybacks on the nxm link when it is installed.

MO uses the system registered web browser. If IE opens when you press the globe icon on the tool bar then that is the system default. As far as I know the only way to change it is to make another browser the system default. That can be done from the settings in the browser.

Yes I download NMM so it can. But it would not. Yes I have to change my default browser to FireFox to use MO. But it all turned out good just trying to get better at using it. =) Thanks for the help you two.