Taking Quick Screenshots

hishutup

There was an issue that was brought up earlier today and it was that sometimes puush images cannot be seen by some people because of their security software. Today, was the first time that I had read something like that happening but I refused to give up puush because its just so handy. I didn't bother to search a replacement because it has just been so good.

GrantSP pm'd me earlier saying check out this program called ShareX and I do have to say that it is my replace for puush because it was just so versatile. You can do all kinds of stuff.

You can customized a range of ways to capture, hotkey customization, the location to upload, url shortening, and so much more..

I don't think its a replacement for in-game screen capturing software but it definitely does the task everywhere else. You should check it out, you don't know what you are missing.

I'm just typing this out to inform use that there is a great piece of software and the credit goes to GrantSP for finding it. I do not take any responsibility for what you do with your computer.

There is provision for custom upload sites. It would be good if we could add the wiki image upload, that way any images we use in our personal posts could be stored on a site that would last as long as the forum.

The actual functionality of the image upload is hidden behind the wiki framework I think and won't be easy to decipher.

• 2 weeks later...

Using this site for image hosting for more than limited wiki use would not be good, as we are limited on disk space. This would be the ideal solution though.

the main concern regarding these image-hosting services has become more about longevity of the assets on the hosting site. Many delete all of your files after a relatively short expiration date. Better to use Google Drive, DropBox or other services that do not have asset expiration.

Does ShareX have any doc expiration? I would assume so, but one never knows without reading the fine print.