STEP Patches and missing mods : which one to choose ?

Darkshaka

Question

Hello everyone,

Firs of all, I'm french so please excuse me if my english isn't good enough for you ;)

I have a Skyrim Legendary Edition and I've followed all the STEP Extended instructions so far...
Since numerous mods aren't available on the Nexus, I don't know which STEP Patch to choose at the end of the guide (2.N. Patches section).

Here are the mods unavailable : 

2.E. Interface

- Skill Interface (CORE mod)

- Unknow enchants (CORE mod)

2.G. Landscape & Environment

- Realistic Mushrooms (CORE mod)

2.K. Clutter & Miscellaneous

- Mystery Modders Shrines HD (CORE mod)

Do I have to considerate that since these mods aren't available I don't have installed all the Step CORE Mods ? (Question 2 of https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP_Patches#Recommendations)

If I considerate that I DONT HAVE installed all the CORE mods, I had to choose the STEP Combined PluginHF
If I considerate that I HAVE installed all the CORE mods, I had to choose the STEP Extended Patch

Can you tell me which patch do I have to choose so I don't make any mistakes ?

Thank you for your help and all your hard work to create this guide ;)

6 answers to this question

You can install the Extended Patch if you have everything but the mods you listed. The missing mods are all mods that did not conflict with STEP Patches, so go ahead and install the Extended Patch. We were hoping those mods would make a comeback soon, but it's about time we remove them. Sorry for the confusion.

... also, it would be good to distinguish actual patch-required mods from mods that are implemented fully by the patches.

Secondly, we should state something about not all STEP mods being requirements for the STEP patches and just list those that are required and that the others are not necessary for the patches (but some mods may have interdependencies unrelated to the patches, which should be conveyed explicitly on the respective mods' pages as I have done for the LOOT recommendations for certain mods)

Hello EssArrBee,

Thank you for you answer, I will try the extended patch then !

I think it could be a good idea to add something at the beginning of the guide to help users to know which patch they will have to install at the end of the process.
For example, you could put the questions 1 to 5 from the page https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP_Patches#Recommendations at the beginning of the guide with more explanations.

By doing that, the users won't have to search the meaning of "Realistic Ragdolls and Force : STEP Extended Patch users DO NOT need to install this mod" for example.

EDIT : 

... also, it would be good to distinguish actual patch-required mods from mods that are implemented fully by the patches.

Secondly, we should state something about not all STEP mods being requirements for the STEP patches and just list those that are required and that the others are not necessary for the patches (but some mods may have interdependencies unrelated to the patches, which should be conveyed explicitly on the respective mods' pages as I have done for the LOOT recommendations for certain mods)

---> I think it's a good idea too !

Thank you for the help, very appreciated ;)

Edited by Darkshaka

Two last question about Step Patches : https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP_Patches#Recommendations

In this page, you recommend to do not download or install : dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp

1) I have follow the installation guide of "enhanced blood textures" here : https://wiki.step-project.com/Enhanced_Blood_Textures#Recommendations and I have this esp in my MO right tab plugins list.

I think this .esp is the option 2 of the installation : "Compatibility Patches - Dawnguard-Dragonborn (Legendary)"

Do I really have to uninstall it ?

If yes, I think that you have to change the recommendations of mod the page.

All the other recommendations are ok for me.

2) I have an error message from the MO alert panel (right hand tab) :

The conflict resolution order for some mods containing scripts differs from that of the corresponding esp.
This may lead to subtle, hard to locate bugs. You should re-order the affected mods (left list!).
There is no way to reliably know if each of these changes is absolutely necessary but its definitively safer.
If someone suggested you ignore this message, please give them a proper slapping from me. Do not ignore this warning
The following changes should prevent these kinds of errors:

• Move Thieves Guild Requirements after Even Better Quest Objectives
  • Move Non-Essential Children - Hearthfire after Thieves Guild Requirements
  • Move The Choice is Yours after Non-Essential Children - Hearthfire
  • Move Complete Crafting Overhaul after The Choice is Yours
  • Move The Paarthurnax Dilemma after Complete Crafting Overhaul
  • Move The Choice is Yours - Dawnguard after The Paarthurnax Dilemma
  • Move When Vampires Attack after The Choice is Yours - Dawnguard

I have followed all the recommendations and for me the order list is ok.
Do I have to continue the final steps of the guide (I stopped just after the installation of the step patch) and don't mind this alert ?

Thank you

Edited by Darkshaka

Don't worry about the MO error. That is a system of detection for potential errors. We know that it is a correct order, the conflict is circular and the MO PMOP detection can't really tell if something is circular, like Mod A conflicts with Mod B-> Mod B with Mod C -> Mod C with Mod A.

You can just remove that plugin from EBT by double clicking the mod and going to the Optional ESPs tab to move the patch to the Optional section. The installer might install additional blood textures for the DLC, so that's why we say to click that option in the installer.