Testing behaviour of Wrye Bash via MO with bashed patch

GrantSP

Question

I'm testing a peculiar behaviour with Wrye Bash via MO and I wonder if anyone else could verify this for me before I post a bug report.

After you run Wrye Bash you are given a browser window with a report of what was just accomplished.

However when run through MO there is an unexpected behaviour.

The Bashed patch, 0.html from the overwrite folder is NOT used.

If you have never bashed a patch before there will be no mod installed in the MO 'mods' folder so the browser window will show a generic:

This page can’t be displayed
  • Make sure the web address is correct.
  • Look for the page with your search engine.
  • Refresh the page in a few minutes.

• Check that all network cables are plugged in.
  • Verify that airplane mode is turned off.
  • Make sure your wireless switch is turned on.
  • See if you can connect to mobile broadband.
  •  

If you create a mod from the overwrite that includes the patch and the Docs folder, only the bashed patch (the *.esp) is immediately updated. The 'Docs' folder from subsequent bashing stays in the overwrite and needs to be moved to the patch mod.

Now the 'Bashed patch' mod contains the plugin and a docs folder with the *.html & *.txt reports.

Running Wrye again and "rebuilding the patch proceeds and there is a report window but it contains the details from the previous patching, not that which has just finished.

This can be verified by editing the *.html in the 'mods' folder and replacing all the text with a sample message such as:

"This is not the bash message you are looking for."

So, to summarize.

1. First time the Wrye bash is run the report window shows as empty, ie. no Bashed patch, 0.html is found.
  2. After these reports are made into a mod and the process is repeated, the report window shows the previous report, not that which was just run.

I'm also looking at why the two reports aren't automatically updated in the same manner as the esp, but that is secondary to this.