Audio Overhaul for Skyrim 2 not working.

NomenNescio

Question

I just switched to MO the other day and all my mods seem to be working fine with the exception of the Audio Overhaul for Skyrim 2. I tried installing to a completely clean install of skyrim with no other mods, and it still didn't work so it's not a conflicts issue, I checked the data tap and the sound files appear under Sound - fix, the latter of which I believe to be made by the mod.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what the problem is, have anyone else encountered similar problems?

• Answers 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It sounds like you need to buy some space! You can by a 2TB portable for $80 here.

If I'm buying anything, it's gonna be a larger HDD, I have other games that don't like my SSD. Do you want me to buy more space because you want me to move it off my HDD? Or just because my HDD is tiny and needs an upgrade?

When first I installed Skyrim to my SSD a lot of things (including sounds) disappeared in the game. It's a loooong time ago so I can't remember the specifics, but after uninstalling it and redownloading it so many times, I know it doesn't work.

If that's the case, then I think the problem is with you SSD.

That may be so, but even if my SSD was unique to this problem, which it isn't (back in the day I found lots of other people with the same problems) but even if it was, my SSD is large and expensive enough that I'm not replacing it any time soon

Using the Steammover I moved Skyrim to my SSD and lost alot of sounds in the process. Now not even Vanilla skyrim has any bow sounds, weapon draw sounds or music, and that was just for the three minutes I was testing. Installing an audio mod like AOS did nothing to remedy this, and I'm moving Skyrim back to my HDD as we speak.

You could try running Steve Gibsons Spinrite on the Hard Drive, that program does amazing things to preserve the longevity of hard drives, including SSDs. Any new machines I get I run my copy on them and guarantee a few more years longevity out of them, and any HDs in the past which have failed to the point of bits of files were slowly becoming non-recoverable data - Run Spinrite and you at least get the chance to grab the files off the drive before it dies and transfer them to a new good drive.

HDs fail ( SSDs fail spectacularly, thats why I still prefer a spinning disk ), either Spinrite saves them or you lose your data and drive.

Spinrite is quite unique in its abilities.

Edit : https://www.grc.com/default.htm

Edited by alt3rn1ty

I wanted to post that I also have this issue, and have sinced the release of Audio Overhaul (1 & 2).  I also experience it with the Flying Mod.  The only workaround seems to be loading the mods with Nexus Mod Manager, and leaving other mods in MO.  I'd appreciate a fix.