Audio Overhaul for Skyrim 2 not working.

NomenNescio

Question

I just switched to MO the other day and all my mods seem to be working fine with the exception of the Audio Overhaul for Skyrim 2. I tried installing to a completely clean install of skyrim with no other mods, and it still didn't work so it's not a conflicts issue, I checked the data tap and the sound files appear under Sound - fix, the latter of which I believe to be made by the mod.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what the problem is, have anyone else encountered similar problems?

• Answers 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

First: After some testing I found the BSA's aren't the problem, that was my bad, sorry about that.

Second: I've noticed that the sound files included in Live Another Life play just fine, I have no idea why this is.

Third: I prefer to use Dropbox, and so far as I can tell all the documents should be in this link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q9ats5q8syys6sx/AAD3X9j8S1O2O_NJey9TgNfRa?dl=0

Everything there indicates the Audio Overhaul for Skyrim is working. Load it up and at the menu coc qasmoke and fire some arrows at the practice dummy twice: once with AOS mod enabled and one disabled and you should hear a slight difference in the sound.

Oh, and delete the AOS.ini from overwrite if you haven't.

Well, everything in your Mod Organizer setup is correct, so it must be the interaction between MO and something else that is preventing it from working. Typically that means your antivirus or some sort of Smart Defrag tool, etc. What security or pc optimization software(s) are you running?

To save everyone that is looking at this thread for the first time I'll try and re-cap the situation.

1. It isn't a new problem that might be due to the 1.3.x versions, it manifested itself while 1.2.x was still in active development
  2. It is only with this one mod and this one user (ie. no other users have reported this nor is it reproducible by others)
  3. It isn't due to a corrupted download or any other issue with the mod packaging
  4. The actual *.wav files can be called from MO and the default media player will play them
  5. When 'faked' bow sounds (actually a goat bleating) were used in a replacement package, it all worked

If I've missed anything let me know and I'll add it here. It justs makes things easier than going back through all the pages.

It is only with this one mod and this one user (ie. no other users have reported this nor is it reproducible by others)

Small correction, I'm having the same problem with Sounds of Skyrim and Become a Bard. The only reason I noticed it with these mods are because they focus primarily on audio, so it was easy to see if they were working or not. Who knows how many minor sounds added by other mods that aren't playing.

Is this on an SSD or HDD?

He has indicated on another thread that he might have one on an HDD and the other on an SSD, but I can't see how that would explain some mods working and other mods not, unless he is "running out of space" on one, perhaps.

He has indicated on another thread that he might have one on an HDD and the other on an SSD, but I can't see how that would explain some mods working and other mods not, unless he is "running out of space" on one, perhaps.

I have skyrim installed on my, is it called an HDD? (the drive I have my operating system installed on) I first tried installing it on my SSD, but the game made all sorts of bugs for it. According to the internet the SSD was to blame, and sure enough after installing it on my very tiny HDD (which at this point with AOS, SOS and BaB installed manually has left me with about 6GB) the bugs were fixed. I then didn't have enough room to install my mods alongside the game, so I switched to MO which allowed me to have my mods installed on my SSD which had plenty of space.