New STEP Vsync Settings (all STEP users affected!)

TechAngel85

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could you please give me a little more guidance on how to cap FPS at 59.9 in enblocal.ini as well as making sure vsync is off? I'm new and about to wade into the ocean so to speak. (I checked out Gopher's stuff but it's hundreds of hours of videos, so not sure where to find the reference you mentioned.) Thanks.

I thought that I had this problem and used the info provided in this post to help me fix it, the bug that I have is to do with carriage being all over the place, once I got that fixed another bug appeared, at the intro of the game the carriage wont move right after the Bethesda logo, and the conversations start as normal, but as it is finished I was still in the carriage on top of the hill, not being able to do anything, any thoughts on that?

P.S. sorry forgot this site is not directly linked to Skyrim. but if you could help that would be fantastic.

Edit1: ok now that I have tried other saves I have made before this bug, I realize that something must be wrong with the game files as all the enemy's that have I encountered "Drougar" mainly just stand there not moving or trying too attack me, will I have to replace my current version of skyrim with my back up files of DATA in skyrim?

Edit2: solved the problem, seams there was a bug in the Data folder so I replaced it with my backup file.

Stable uGridsToLoad is designed to allow you to change your uGridToLoad setting inagame safely. Because of how the game engine work, if you set your uGrid to 7 in a "traditional way" (editing your .ini), and then : play, save, exit, revert your uGrid to something

It never helped stabilizing high value uGrid. With higher uGrid, more of the surrounding world get loaded. Not just nice grass and trees to avoid popup, but scripted items and NPC's with their AI as well, which tend to break a lot of quests, scene and packages atop of putting a big strain on your system. Their is no workaround about that, uGrid should be set at 7 at most, except if you only want to take screenshots without playing.

And with modern computer, should be set at 7 for visuals (sorry to disagree with you "Talos" :p). DynDOLOD isn't as good as a slightly higher uGrid, the main reason being the grass. (everything else is fine IMO).

Don't use safety load, it's obsolete, SKSE memory patch is superior.

Archived