Wanting to add a new section to the Mod Organizer wiki

GrantSP

Question

I've answered numerous times now, here and in other fora, about the use of the 'Potential mod order problems' dialog in Mod Organizer and it seems to me this probably needs to be added to the wiki.

So I have written up some text and added a screenshot and went about adding in a section just after the 'Priorities' chapter.

Everything looks like it is being added, my images have uploaded and the wiki text matches the format of other pages, yet when I go to save the page all I get is a completely blank screen with this address:

http://wiki.step-project.com/index.php?title=Guide:Mod_Organizer&action=submit

Am I missing something? Do I need extra privileges to edit those wiki pages? Or should I just submit the text and one of the STEP staff does the actual posting?

Just wanting to help out.

11 answers to this question

No, there's no issue with the login. The upload of the screenshot went through okay.

I'll give it another shot.

I was using the 'Page Edit' option, I need to be able to place the chapter and I couldn't see a way to do it by just editing small sections.

So, is the wiki software particularly flaky? The same blank page is shown if I select a 'Preview' of the page also.

Thanks by the way for the prompt response.

EDIT:

To make things easier I just added the chapter title as a place holder when I had the entire document in the page editor and then just edited that empty chapter with the "Edit" button when I viewed it by itself.

Everything appears to be fine. I am unsure if that is a result of my doing or just a quirk of software the first time I tried. At any rate we now have a short description about what "potential mod order problems".

Edited by GrantSP

What browser? What are your Edit Preferences?

From the page history, all of your edits look normal and fine, so I am thinking that you are having some kind of an issue that may be related to your preferences and/or your browser such that you are not getting the page refresh ... if you close the site and re-open, do you see your edits?

Also, give your edits some time. Some pages are quite large, so give them plenty of time to save and refresh.

Headertabs could be an issue as well ...

Thanks. As my edit of the last post says, when I made a new chapter by editing the whole document, after saving that I could then edit just that new section easily.

I use Chrome and I have got a couple of extensions to check for rogue scripts and malware. It may just be a case of my extensions being too vigorous.

Anyway it is all fine now. Thanks