Steppin Out

Leto

Thanks very interesting, just wondering, why did you pick Asis over say Sands of Time? I don't want extra spawn points which is what ASIS does, correct? I don't mind the chances of extra enemies spawning just to mix it up which is what both mods do. Interested in your opinion.

I would use along with combat evolved, probably animal tweaks or Immersive detection of NPC's, have to decide on which one as they do clash and a combat mod like Duel or deadly combat. I am not totally sure of the difference.

I will be playing with followers (Bijins).

ASIS does the following things.  First, it increases the number of enemies in existing spawn points.  Second, it gives enemies perks.  Third, it gives enemies spells.  Fourth, it gives enemies potions.  Fifth, it makes it so followers benefit from enchantments that normally only apply to the player.  Because ASIS uses a skyproc patcher, it will look through all your mods and add support for new enemies, spells, potions, perks, and enchantments.  It's also configurable via the MCM and customizable via INIs.  That's a lot of value powerfully applied.  ASIS is simply outstanding and I'm not sure I'd want to play Skyrim without it.  On the down side, ASIS is script intensive because it runs scripts on every spawn and every enemy.  Turning the spawns up too high will cause your game to crash, especially running around outside.

I never heard of Sands of Time.  It looks really cool.  The first thing I notice is that it is incompatible with the following mods I normally use:

Skyrim Flora Overhaul, Footprints, Run for Your Lives, When Vampires Attack, Dead Body Collision Fix, Realistic Ragdolls and Force, any and All High Resolution Texture Packs.

Skyrim Flora Overhaul really makes the plants look better. 

I'm concerned that their alternative to Run for Your Lives, NPC's Protected Redux, might break scripts or cause problems by making NPC's protected when in some cases they should not be.

Their alternative to When Vampires Attack, No Vampire Attacks, removes something from the game that I enjoy.

Any and all high resolution texture packs!  This seems like a deal breaker to me. 

There is one other consideration.  Random encounters sounds cool in theory, but in practice, sometimes I just want to get from here to there without fighting for my life every step of the way.  Plus, I get a sense of completion by clearing out an area or a road that is lost if random encounters keep popping up.  Immersive Creatures adds random encounters too.  I like the increased spawns at night because it makes night travel noticeably more dangerous.  If I don't want the hassle, then I can make camp and travel when it's light out.

Combat Evolved looks cool.  I didn't go with it because it increases lethality and I don't need to be one-shotted any more than my current mod list provides.

Animal Tweaks looks cool.  Not sure about fully level scaled animals.  That can cause problems not just for the player's sense of progress but for the survivability of NPC's.

Immersive Detection of NPC's had too many complaints in the Nexus forum for me.  I only use stealth with ranged attacks and never really had a problem with vanilla detection.

https://youtu.be/AIC1uuIFO6A

Cheers,

Silvermane

Edited by Leto

Yeah sands of time looks very script intensive. I think that's why mods like : 

Skyrim Flora Overhaul, Footprints, Run for Your Lives, When Vampires Attack, Realistic Ragdolls and Force, any and All High Resolution Texture Packs, that you mentioned, they are not necessarily incompatible, just resource or script intensive so they recommend adding in the memory patch as well as tweak your ini settings and the mod settings down. However, we already knew these mods were like that. One reason why I wont bother with Footprints, Wet and Cold, Burn, Shock, Freeze Effects and a body replacer like CBBE or UNP. Just to try and preserve some FPS and resources.

Run for your lives is interesting, I think a must have mod because the alternative they suggest, NPC's Protected Redux, is incompatible with beautification mods because they override the changes made to NPC's. And I want to use Bijins.

I will probably give SOT a miss, I was going to disable the most of the random encounters anyway and just use it for the bolster enemy encounters as I intend to use a few companions at any one time. I do notice with ASIS you can disable the increased spawn points...I think.  There is also mod compatibility with Combat Evolved and Duel/Deadly Combat. I'm just wondering the difference in enemy AI that Combat Evolved and ASIS have and if its worth using both or just ASIS.

You make a good point about animal tweaks, we don't want skeevers going around killing all the townsfolk.....

You don't want to use the enemy AI from ASIS.  Even the author said it has been surpassed by other mods.

As for ASIS increased spawn points, I guess you are referring to the spawn randomizer.  That is disabled by default.  I don't use it myself.

If you decide to use ASIS, make sure you also use the ASIS Improved INI's https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53047/?

I also had to manually update the INI's to prevent ASIS from spawning additional dragons:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/articles/789/?

Good luck!