SkyUI's favorites button stopped working, can't unequip a torch, and the equip/unequip sound is always the sound sheathing.

acindron

Question

Hi all. I was getting CTDs last night when I tried to enter a cave so I just decided to delete all my mods and start over. I used the Texture Optimizer, and I used a function that said was experimental and could cause CTDs. I hit the button quickly without seeing the warning right away. Opps! So I decided to just delete all my mods and start over using STEP as a base. I was able to finally get into the cave, a lot of things seem fairly stable now (although I haven't played that long) but something's up with my 'favorites' button on SkyUI. I use a 360 controller and it's usually the back button to bring up the menu. It didn't work. Then I whenever I sheathed/unsheathed anything, it would make the same noise "steel sword" sound noise for equip and both unequip. Now it seems when I equip a torch, I can't unequip it.

I've never been good at load orders and I've been using Loot. Maybe one of you could tell me if something is in the wrong place?

Skyrim.esmUpdate.esmUnofficial Skyrim Patch.espDawnguard.esmUnofficial Dawnguard Patch.espHearthFires.esmUnofficial Hearthfire Patch.espDragonborn.esmUnofficial Dragonborn Patch.espSkyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esmClimatesOfTamriel.esmETaC - RESOURCES.esmRSkyrimChildren.esmSGHairPackBase.esmCutting Room Floor.esp83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes.espGQJ_DG_vampireamuletfix.espBrawl Bugs CE.espMoss Rocks.espRainbows.espBFSEffects.espiHUD.espDisease Descriptions.espElemental Staves.espDawnguardRuneWeaponsFXSReplacer.espBrows.espBetterQuestObjectives-Hearthfire.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.espCookingAlchemy.espAppropriately Attired Jarls Redux.espDYNAVISION Dynamic Depth of Field.espWhen Vampires Attack.espDD_Dawnguard Additions.espSMIM-DragonbornTernFix.espDead Body Collision.espFNISSexyMove.espMoss Rocks_DB.espSMIM-DungeonsCliffsIceSkirts.espFacelight.espHelmetToggle2.02b.espHothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.espmintylightningmod.espChesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.espNo More Glowing Edges.espORM-Arvak.espRaceMenuPlugin.espDD_Dragonborn Additions.espRaceMenu.espSGHairPackAIO.espEnhancedLightsandFX.espETaC - Complete.espAOS.espAOS2_CoT3_1_patch.espClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.espELFX - Exteriors.espETaC - Dragon Bridge South.espSMIM-FarmhouseFlickeringFix.espSMIM-FurnitureChestSnowFix.espShootingStars.espSkyUI.espAchieveThat.espTradeBarter.espfFastTravelSpeedMult_4.espWeapons & Armor_TrueOrcishWeapons.espWeapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.espDread Huntress Armor.espClothing & Clutter Fixes.espELFXEnhancer.espClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.espSkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.espFaction Crossbows.espSkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB.espRealisticWaterTwo.espDistant DetailHF.espImmersive Whiterun.espBirdsHFclean.espImmersive Solstheim.espJKs Windhelm.espJKs Solitude.espInigo.espAmazingFollowerTweaks.espAOS2_RealisticWaterTwo Patch.espImmersive Sounds - Compendium.espSoul Gems Differ - NS.espdD - Enhanced Blood Main.espdD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.espAOS2_EBT Patch.espISCompendium AOS Patch.espISCompendium Enhanced Blood Patch.espISCompendium CCO Patch.espRSChildren - Complete.espRSChildren_PatchUSKP.espImmersive Weapons.espBlackSacramentDBReplacer.espWeaponsArmorFixes_ImmersiveWeapons_Patch.espaMidianBorn_ContentAddon.espBetterQuestObjectives.espBetterQuestObjectives-AFTPatch.espBetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.espHothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.espaMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.espAOS2_WAF Patch.espRealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.espJKs Whiterun.espDawnofWhiterun.espSDO Full-LOD - Waterfall Effects.espJKs Riften.espRun For Your Lives.espJKs Whiterun DofW Comp.espPoint The Way.espFNISspells.espImmersive Orc Strongholds.espSkyrimImprovedPuddles-DG-HF-DB.espJKs Markarth.espSDO Full-LOD - Whiterun Trundra Creeks.espSMIM-ShackRoofFixes.espSMIM-ShackRoofFixesDragonborn.espHearthfireChimneys.espPilgrimsDelight.espBlockSparkles.espSDO Full-LOD - Giant Campfires.espBlackSacramentArmor.espApocalypse - The Spell Package.espTheEyesOfBeauty.espWeaponsArmorFixes_ambSkyforge_Patch.espBetterQuestObjectives-AMBSkyforgePatch.espWetandCold.espAOS2_WetandCold Patch.espWetandCold - Ashes.espdD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.espBashed Patch, 0.espdD-No Spinning Death Animation.espAlternate Start - Live Another Life.espBetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.esp

I also don't have the STEP Combined PluginHF.esp that STEP recommended because the lightning bolt on Mod Organizer was grey. Loot gave me an error when it was in the plugins too. That's why that's not there.

Please help me out if you have the patience. :) Thank you!

Is there any extra mods that you are using that might cause this issue.

Disable all of your extra plugins that step didn't recommend and test

This will narrow the list down.

If it did fine can you list the extra mods by name

Maybe DoubleYou will poke in and suggest something.

I disabled everything but SKSE and alternate start and still had the problem.

So, even with only alternate start and no other mods you're getting it? You tried a fresh save?

Yes, started a new game. The only thing I've changed manually in SKSE was the memory patch stuff. Added the new .dll file.

Edited by acindron

I've tried different torches found in the game and gotten through console.Now I'm having a MO problem. I verified the integrity of the game and the update.esm + all DLC .esms are not showing up in MO. :(Edit: All I did was do the Verify Integrity thing and now it's re-downloading the game.  :dry:

Edited by acindron

^ Going to try that later today. Right now I have a torch set up as a hot key on my 360 controller and that's working fine. I'm beginning to wonder if the unsheathe button is even supposed to extinguish the torch and put it back in your inventory. I thought it did but I used hotkeys for my last playthrough as well. Can anyone confirm that you CAN equip without turning it off via items menu? Otherwise I'm still going to be looking for a fix. It's not game breaking, it doesn't cause CTDs but it still bothers me.

Doh!

No, you actually have to unequip it...

I just read what you said really slowly and I remembered when I played skyrim...

I am surprised no one said anything... I find that a lil disappointing

Maybe literally no one caught it...

Edited by hishutup
  • +1 1

Doh!No, you actually have to unequip it...I just read what you said really slowly and I remembered when I played skyrim...I am surprised no one said anything... I find that a lil disappointingMaybe literally no one caught it...

AH! So you have to unequip it through the menu?