UIO and Mod Organizer

GSDFan

Question

After many iterations I believe I have laid the groundwork for a successful install of the UI mods in Mod Organizer (MO) with UI Organizer (UIO).

When Using MO as your mod manager it was not easy to install UI/HUD mods without the use of third party tools, which added a layer of complexity to the process of installing UI/Hud mods. Mod Organizers mod isolation feature prevented a mod being installed from seeing other mods that are required and some mods refused to even install due to not being handled properly, necessitating the use of FOMM to install UI mods as one big mod. MO has matured to the point where the mods I tried below installed without error and they will see other mods when being installed.

With the advent of UIO, the final obstacle to a working HUD in Fallout New Vegas has been removed. UIO does in MO what Unified hud did in Nexus Mod manager. UIO is a NVSE mod that dynamically creates the required Hud extensions at game launch allowing you to add, remove or change the order of UI hud mods in the priority order of MO.

We are still held to the MO last file wins rule though for a properly working setup. The list below can be used as a starting point for installing the mods you need. It is not an all-inclusive list and you can add mods to it or remove the ones you do not want. The way the list is ordered will give a working setup. If you find an element not working, look for the conflicts in the MO info pane and move your mods accordingly.

The following process will require that the overwrite folder be empty of all files and folders and unless otherwise stated the mods are installed via MO install. FOMM will be noted when needed and will require a FOMM reset, which is outlined below.

Important note, you can install UIO now, but do not enable the mod until you have finished installing your UI mods. This will prevent certain files from being changed or removed if you like to test while installing mods.

[spoiler=FOMM Reset]

If you have used FOMM before you need to do this reset to prevent any accidental removal of files if reactivate or deactivate is pressed.

• Start FOMM from MO and select Fallout New Vegas as the game to manage.
  • In the main window. Click the settings button.
  • In the settings window click on the Fallout New Vegas tab.
    • Look for the Install info line and make note of the path to the Install info folder or you can copy it to the clipboard.
    • If your NMM install points to this you may want to change the location of this folder.
  • Close out of FOMM so it is no longer running form MO.
  • In Windows file explorer either navigate to the install info folder or paste the path in the address bar and press enter to go there.
  • Once in the Install info folder delete any files and folders that are there and close the window.

The reset is done. The next time FOMM is run it will inform you that it needs to upgrade some files. This is OK to do as we are treating this as a onetime install for the selected mod. The reset needs to be done before any FOMM installed mods.

[spoiler=The Mods List]

• DUINV. DarnUI mod needs to be installed so other mods can detect it. For you TTW fans, Darnui ttw 2.4 is working in this setup.
  • FPSWeaponWheel.
  • Shilo Clean Pipboy screen. You will need to select MTUI or DUINV on the Advanced Options section of the install window.Note that at this time I have not been able to run MTUI, I get infinite main menu on a new game.
  • Shiloh DS - Color Survival Map & Icons.
  • Advanced Recon Trap Detection.
  • Advanced Recon Thermal Nightvision.
  • Advanced Recon armor stealth gear
  • JIP Selective-Fire
  • JIP Realistic Weapon Overheating
  • JIP Companions Command & Control
  • Project Nevada and Project Nevada extra options. FOMM Install. Do the FOMM reset if not done. Both of these mods need to be installed with FOMM. Project Nevada extra options will not install the Cyberware option if it does not see the core mods and it will not in MO. PN provides its own MCM menu system so it needs to be installed early to let the Mod Configuration Menu mod to override it. When finished make a mod out of the over write folder. Name it appropriately.
  • The Mod Configuration Menu, MCM. This mod needs and will detect NVSE.
  • If installing FOOK install it here. See the note on the FOOK description page about the Project Nevada Equipment Module.
  • The Weapon Mod Menu. This needs to see NVSE and will when it is installed. This works with the MO install and detects NVSE.
  • Move Darnified UI to the highest priority at this time.
  • One Hud. FOMM Reset. FOMM install. Upon activation it will detect DUINV, MTUI or Vanilla. It also saw the Powered power Armor mod and installed the PPA files. Create a mod out of the overwrite folder.
  • Flashlight NVSE. FOMM Reset. FOMM install. This needs to be installed with FOMM to detect NVSE and the MCM mod. It also needs to be installed after oHUD as the flashlight_battery.xml file in oHUD is outdated for the current version FlashlightNVSE. Make a mod out of the overwrite folder and activate.
  • Enable UIO.

With the exception of FlashlightNVSE, OneHUD should be the last UI mod installed. Start the game and enjoy. Don’t forget to press the “I†button to see the HUD elements.

[spoiler=Mods not working and still under investigation]MTUI

I hope that this helps others in setting up your UI in Fallout New Vegas. If you have any other mod success / fail stories please add them to this post.

• Answers 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello,

I am having a problem installing UIO using MO. I have a clean install of Fallout NV and so far have installed NVSE and Fallout 4GB according to the Fear & Loathing in New Vegas Guide instructions. As for mods I have only installed Darnified UI, The MCM, and OneHUD, all according to Gopher's instruction video, and thus I'm pretty sure everything is installed correctly.

The problem is when I installed UIO the extraHUD options (clock, rads, needs, etc) did not appear in my game, as if UIO was never installed. I have tried various things posted in previous posts here such as adding the oHUD.txt to UIO folder, and installing the components of oHUD separately, however nothing seems to be working correctly. Any help on how to fix this is greatly appreciated. I apologize if this has already been answered but from what I read in this thread not much worked for me. 

Thanks in advance. 

Here is a picture of my MO if it helps: https://i.imgur.com/V2KhVUN.png

Also this is my UIO log if that helps:

*** UI Organizer (v1.31) initializing ***

NVSE version = 04050070
fallout root = D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\
Documents root = C:\Users\*USER*\Documents\

* Darnified UI detected.

--------------------------------
*** Checking supported files ***
--------------------------------

>>>>> Processing file: private\supported.txt
> Checking: advreconhud.xml
! File not found > Skipping.
> Checking: arwen\fatigue_hud.xml
> Checking: arwen\strain_hud.xml
+ Adding: arwen\strain_hud.xml to: hudmainmenu\
> Checking: cyberiandawn\cyberiandawnhud.xml
> Checking: directorschair\directorschair.xml
> Checking: fairypack\fairypack_hud.xml
+ Adding: fairypack\fairypack_hud.xml to: hudmainmenu\
> Checking: filmgraineffect.xml
> Checking: flashlight_battery.xml
+ Adding: flashlight_battery.xml to: hudmainmenu\
> Checking: fww\weaponwheel.xml
> Checking: grenadehotkeyhud.xml
+ Adding: grenadehotkeyhud.xml to: hudmainmenu\
> Checking: hude\hud_e.xml
+ Adding: hude\hud_e.xml to: hudmainmenu\
> Checking: imcnnv\imp.xml
+ Adding: imcnnv\imp.xml to: hudmainmenu\
> Checking: jazzisparis\ccchud.xml
> Checking: jazzisparis\firingmodehud.xml
> Checking: jazzisparis\ftahud.xml
> Checking: jazzisparis\heatmeterhud.xml
> Checking: jetpack\b3jetpack_hud.xml
> Checking: jetpack\b3jetpack_hud(darn).xml
> Checking: meleehotkey\meleehotkey.xml
> Checking: neotropic\neotropic_hud.xml
> Checking: neotropic\neotropicweapondisplay_hud.xml
> Checking: pelinor\quicktrade.xml
> Checking: pelinor\selectivefire.xml
> Checking: pnx\pnxeohud.xml
> Checking: pnx\pnxhud.xml
! Conditions evaluated as False > Skipping.
> Checking: ppa\ppa_hud.xml
+ Adding: ppa\ppa_hud.xml to: hudmainmenu\
> Checking: primaryneedshud.xml
+ Adding: primaryneedshud.xml to: hudmainmenu\
> Checking: radar\radarhud.xml
> Checking: rangefinder.xml
> Checking: sc\sc_hud.xml
> Checking: vera\vera.xml
> Checking: wmm\wmmtrigger.xml
> Checking: wmm\wmm.xml
> Checking: mcm\mcm.xml
+ Adding: mcm\mcm.xml to: startmenu\
> Checking: pnx\pnximplants.xml

---------------------------
*** Checking menu files ***
---------------------------

>>>>> Processing file: menus\barter_menu.xml
* File does not require any patching.

>>>>> Processing file: menus\companion_wheel_menu.xml

>>>>> Processing file: menus\chargen\race_sex_menu.xml

>>>>> Processing file: menus\main\inventory_menu.xml

>>>>> Processing file: menus\main\map_menu.xml

>>>>> Processing file: menus\chargen\char_gen_menu.xml

>>>>> Processing file: menus\container_menu.xml

>>>>> Processing file: menus\sleep_wait_menu.xml

>>>>> Processing file: menus\item_mod_menu.xml

>>>>> Processing file: menus\levelup_menu.xml

>>>>> Processing file: menus\dialog\dialog_menu.xml

>>>>> Processing file: menus\message_menu.xml

>>>>> Processing file: menus\quantity_menu.xml

>>>>> Processing file: menus\recipe_menu.xml

>>>>> Processing file: menus\repair_menu.xml

>>>>> Processing file: menus\repair_services_menu.xml

>>>>> Processing file: menus\vats_menu.xml

>>>>> Processing file: menus\tutorial_menu.xml

>>>>> Processing file: menus\main\hud_main_menu.xml
+ Appending reference: arwen\strain_hud.xml to: hudmainmenu
+ Appending reference: imcnnv\imp.xml to: hudmainmenu
+ Appending reference: grenadehotkeyhud.xml to: hudmainmenu
+ Appending reference: flashlight_battery.xml to: hudmainmenu
+ Appending reference: fairypack\fairypack_hud.xml to: hudmainmenu
+ Appending reference: hude\hud_e.xml to: hudmainmenu
+ Appending reference: ppa\ppa_hud.xml to: hudmainmenu
+ Appending reference: primaryneedshud.xml to: hudmainmenu
> Patching file:
* Saving backup: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\data\menus\main\hud_main_menu.xml.uio

>>>>> Processing file: menus\main\stats_menu.xml
ERROR: Could not decode XML file > Aborting.

>>>>> Processing file: menus\options\start_menu.xml
- Removing broken/duplicate reference: includes_startmenu.xml
+ Appending reference: mcm\mcm.xml to: startmenu
> Patching file:
* Saving backup: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\data\menus\options\start_menu.xml.uio

-------------------------
*** Checking INI file ***
-------------------------

>>>>> Processing file: Fallout.ini

-------------------------------------
*** Exiting game: Undoing changes ***
-------------------------------------

> Restoring file: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\data\menus\main\hud_main_menu.xml
> Restoring file: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\data\menus\options\start_menu.xml
Edited by vugavavy

For Fallout 3 I found there was a problem with UIO and the Gopher UI mods. Gopher changed aHud for Fallout 3, and the corresponding FNV mod OneHud, around the same time of the last release of UIO. For Fallout 3 I found that UIO had not incorporated this change; it's possible this is also true for the FNV version of UIO. Try using the same fix that I created for the Fallout 3 guide (see my signature block) in the installation instructions for the aHud mod. You'll find the same aHud folder is also present in OneHud. The instructions are:

Right click the OneHUD mod in the left pane of MO, and select Open in explorer
Open "menus\prefabs\aHUD" and Copy "hudtemplates_darn.xml"
In the "prefabs" folder create a new folder named "darn", then open this new folder
Paste the "hudtemplates_darn.xml" file into this folder, then rename it "hudtemplates.xml".
Close the explorer window.

I can't guarantee it will fix the problem; at some point I may have time to look at the UIO xml and see if it has the same problem as is present in the FO3 version.

Let us know if this works. If it does I'll add it to the FNV guide.

Well I'll be damned! Although I didn't have the same issue as the OP I decided to examine my XML files and I made the suggested changes and finally my 'grenade icon' disappears along with the rest of my UI. clearly we need to have a close look at what is in each of these files and ensure they are in fact being added into the UIO config.

Nice catch @Kelmych.

The UIO page now has some better information and I changed the fix for FO3. I read the FNV and FO3 UIO pages are realized that the Onehud FNV and the aHUD and iHUD mods for FO3 are not on the list of supported mods for UIO and need to be added as per the directions on the Nexus page. I created one for FO3 and I'm testing this and then putting it in the guide.

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I tried what you said but same result. Tried with a previous save file and also tried with a new game just to make sure, but nothing has changed.

So what your saying is oHUD for FNV is not actually supported by UIO? In the Gopher tutorial video it worked fine for him.

Anyways I hope you can figure it out and if you need anything else from me I'll be glad to assist. Thanks.

I don't currently have an FNV MO profile I can use to test this myself. In an MO profile in which UIO has run at least once, in the MO\mods directory open up the menus\main\hud_main_menu file in a text editor and post all the lines that start with "<include" that have either "aHUD" or "darn" in the line. I may be able to determine what is happening from this.

By the way, the UIO problem in FO3 is that aHUD expects that the version of this file from aHUD is the one being used by UIO when it starts up. At least in FO3, however, UIO uses a different version of "hud_main_menu.xml".

If you mean this folder: Mod Organizer\mods\UIO - User Interface Organizer\menus\main, no, these are populated at runtime.

On the other hand if you mean this folder: Mod Organizer\mods\UIO - User Interface Organizer\uio\private\menus\main, then there is a problem. Though I imagine you mean the former in which case all is good.

Your 'Overwrite' folder though should contain at least some empty folders after each run.

Are you absolutely sure you have NVSE installed correctly and also have the UIO plugin installed? You should see ui_organizer.dll in the 'Data' tab listed in the NVSE -> Plugins folder.

Ah yes I did check the wrong folder,  sorry about that. 

I meant the overwrite folder did not have the file you mentioned, not nothing at all , it did have empty folders, again my mistake, I apologize.

I am positive NVSE is installed correctly, I used the 'getnvseversion' command to make sure, and the ui_organizer.dll is in the NVSE plugins folder.

After finding the file you mentioned earlier, I searched for "aHUD" and "darn", but nothing came up. I uploaded the file on Dropbox (I did not know how to attach using the forum, sorry) if you want to take a look at it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d819qfta490am38/hud_main_menu.xml?dl=0

Again, I really appreciate you taking the time to help me and I'm sorry for giving you such a hard time. 

I'd like to help with that if I may. This UIO oddity is something we need to get a handle on and the more systems we try it with I think we may cover as many options as possible.

Just to clue you in again, that grenade icon issue I fixed with the copy of the Darn menu has, for reasons unknown to me, returned. No changes to mods or load order just another session with a save that had the fix in it.

Checking the files reveals the files I expect to be there, are and it all should just... work.