Problems building Bashed Patch since MO 1.2.14

hypercleats

Question

When using Mod Organizer 1.2.11 and earlier, I would make a Bashed Patch and after closing Wrye Bash it would show up in my overwrite folder (where I could drag it out and into its mod folder, replacing the prior patch).

Since updating to MO 1.2.14, a newly created Bashed Patch doesn't show up in my overwrite folder, though its "Docs" folder does. Meanwhile, in my Bashed Patch mod folder, the older patch .esp is there, not the latest. A Windows file search of my whole system only turns up the older Bashed Patch along with both the older and the latest Docs folders.

I discovered that I can get the latest Bashed Patch if I delete the older one before rebuilding in WB. Then it behaves like it used to with the new patch appearing in the overwrite along with its Docs folder.

BTW: the game runs fine with the 2.2.9 Extended mods when I can get the latest Bashed Patch where it belongs.

Thanks for any assistance or insight into this!

Edited by hypercleats

3 answers to this question

::O: Do'h! I did not think of that. You are correct. When I open it in TES5Edit the timestamp shows that it is indeed the latest patch. Windows shows the old date and time and this confused me.

Interestingly, the Docs folder and the Bashed Patch txt and html files generated by WB have the correct timestamp. Only the Bashed Patch esp is not being updated in the Windows file system. But it is the correct one nonetheless, so I can stop deleting it before running WB. Thanks.

I can confirm that MO now "knows" where the previously built bashed patch is located and will overwrite it.

Regarding the time/date stamp on the bashed patch plugin:

Edits to existing plugins (including rebuilding an existing bashed patch) by both WB and TES5Edit will retain the file's time/date stamp. This is by design in order to provide compatibility with other Bethesda games that load plugins based on their modification time/date. 

However, WB writes the rebuild time/date into the description sub-record of the header of the bashed patch, which is what you see in TES5Edit.

Actually, you don't need to use TES5Edit to view it, just switch the the plugin list tab of the right-hand pane of MO, and hover your mouse cursor over the bashed patch plugin. You'll see a floating window which displays the plugin's master list and the text in the description sub-record of it's header, as seen here:

Posted Image

Note that this feature is true for any plugin - a quick way in MO to view a plugin's explicit masters, and any version, etc. information in it description.

Edited by keithinhanoi