Fences of Skyrim by Therobwil

Livnthedream

Just did a quick test ingame and the flickering only appear at longer distances, much longer than with SMIM or vanilla. I also like the visual design of the fences better than SMIM and vanilla.

The only negative thing I can see is that the "binding" on top and at the bottom is clipping with the fence poles.

The jaggies show up mostly for those people like me who only have a 1366x768 resolution and can't turn AA up very high without a heavy performance hit. If I turned it to 8x Supersampling, or if I enable the edge AA in ENB, they're gone, but so is my fps then.

That was because the texture was better in whatever other mod was providing it for the original fence styles. You can unhide it if you like it better or use this mod. One thing I don't like about this is it's based off a more modern design. If you start searching around you'll find the Skyrim fences are fairly accurate as to what one would find from the period (debates about time periods aside). Such as this reproduction from the Irish National Heritage Park:

Posted Image

about the pic:

They are called wattle fences and they are still quite common in northen Europe and they are normally exclusively made of Hazel trees, because if they are made of Willow trees (Modern fashion) the fences tends to come alive and grow indefinitely (As seen in the picture above).

I have always thought it was strange that Skyrim is full of Wattle fences when the Game World lacks Hazel trees entirely  ::):

Another great Skyrim paradox ::P:

When you look at the mesh then it is kinda obvious why AA goes nuts with it. You have lots of cylinders near each other.... so pixelwise the aliasing overlaps when you move even a moderate distance away from the object, causing the effect to amplify up. 

It ofc. is going to get worse the lower your resolution. 

I personally do not like this... I am not really a fan of the tiny spiky look. Guess if I actually did not hate working with nif´s so much I would accept the challenge of the fence! 

The jaggies show up mostly for those people like me who only have a 1366x768 resolution and can't turn AA up very high without a heavy performance hit. If I turned it to 8x Supersampling, or if I enable the edge AA in ENB, they're gone, but so is my fps then.

Have you tried it with SMAA with the low or medium preset?