Installing SR:LE for the 2nd Time, suddenly "The file exists"

FamousDeadGuy

Question

I have been re-installing SR:LE over the last day and I ran into a problem. While trying to install SkyUI 1.0.4a, I right clicked it and selected "install".

The error:

Installation Failed: The file exists.

Last few lines of the MO log:

18:53:10 [D] nexus category id 42 maps to internal 21
18:53:10 [D] mod id guessed: SkyUI_4_1-3863-4-1 -> -1
18:53:10 [D] passed mod id: 3863, guessed id: -1
18:53:10 [D] using mod name "SkyUI" (id 3863) -> SkyUI_4_1-3863-4-1.7z
18:53:17 [D] brought window to front
18:53:18 [D] no files in installed mod
18:43:12 [D] add nxm download: nxm://Skyrim/mods/57859/files/1000126954

I have no idea what this could be, and I searched the SR:LE forums with no success. Help?

16:53:12 [D] mod id guessed: SkyUI_4_1-3863-4-1 -> -116:53:12 [D] passed mod id: 3863, guessed id: -116:53:12 [D] using mod name "SkyUI" (id 3863) -> SkyUI_4_1-3863-4-1.7z16:53:19 [D] brought window to front16:53:20 [D] no files in installed mod

After double-clicking the newly installed SkyUI after ensuring that there is no trace of SkyUI in the skyrim directory. 

Please check if you have a SkyUI_4_1-3863-4-1.7z file in c:userslocalappdatatemp and delete it

for please try your regular account name as well as Administrator.

When installing scripted fomod installers (like SkyUI) MO has to copy the installation file to the temp directory and install from there. Usually it will overwrite an existing file in the temp directory, but if for some reason MO isn't allowed to do that (insufficient rights or the file is open by another process or something like that) that might cause an error like the one you're seeing.

Please note: If you have changed the location of the temp directory on your system you have to adjust the above path accordingly of course.

It was a massive file that seemed to be hidden. It wasn't under my user directory. I searched the exact file name, and it popped up (along with 72.3 GB of other things). This raises questions, why is there this much crap here? 

Whatever, did some checking on other forums and ran the cleanup app. A lot smaller now and no leftovers from SkyUI. It installed as intended on Mod Organizer. Thanks a lot!