Quick Conflict Resolution question

Ive done a bunch of reading, read all of the conflict resolution thread and watched the TES5Edit video (which was slightly like watching an open university lecture on dimensional planar mathematics from the 70's as a small child (which I was during the 70's)) and then i struck off into the unknown and did the conflict resolution for the Armours section without hitch.  Apparently.

So having done that and closed down TES5Edit, it saved the conflict resolution.esm no problems (only that was there and ticked) and i got a buzz to see it sitting there in my overwrite folder.  i then created a mod and dripped it into my left pane in MO and ticked it.

Soooo.

1) When i want to do the next section of conflict resolution, do I need it ticked in left pane so that TES5Edit will "load" it and allow it to be selected for move overwrites into it?

2) Presumably when im done on the next section and close down TES5Edit its going to drop the new additions to my conflictresolution.esp into overwrite?

3) If thats the case do I then drag the conflictresolution.esp in overwrite onto the mod ive already created and tell it to merge changes?

thanks

okay,

by resolution.esm I am sure you mean resolution.esp... I am going to refer to it as plugin or esp

When you want to do more conflict resolution that you want to store in the esp then yes you should also check it when opening TES5Edit. When you close TES5Edit it'll save like how it started out as. So presumably, your "resolution" mod folder (Mo mod folder).

If you Edit a plugin then that plugin will be saved. I encountered a rare instance where MO moved an edited plugin to the Overwrites folder.

I think this will satisfy your questions. If you have more ask again.

Hi Smile

Yeah Im loading up everything including the conf res patch.  Every time i go back in i check the last record i edited and its always there so i think its working fine.

Spock - to be truthful I learned very little from the vid.  The best thing i picked up was clicking in the blank blocks at the top of a section to copy whole section.  i think it would make a lot more sense to me now and prhaps arms you for doing your own conflict res (or when Neo's instructions aren't super explicit which is the case on about 2 of the conflicts so far for me).

OK, Im stuck.

Im following these instructions in Conflict Resolution:

XX01AE24 OBISFaction

XX = Index of OBIS.esp
Conflict Resolution: Right-click on the Relations line and click Add. Right-click the newly created Faction entry and select Edit. Paste "ARTHLALBanditVampireFaction [FACT:YY0189E8]" where YY = Index of Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp and click [OK]. Right-click the newly created Group Combat Reaction entry and select Edit. Type "Ally" then click [OK].
Problem Resolved: Organized Bandits In Skyrim added bandits attacked the player if using the bandit alternate start.

I can get into the record OK as I figured my OBIS.esp is index number 50.  So no problems there.

However when I follow the instructions I get the following error which Nearox got too:

EDIT4: XX01AE24 OBISFaction

When I try to paste " ARTHLALBanditVampireFaction [FACT:750189E8]" to the newly created relation entry, TES5Edit gives an error saying: "FormID [750189E8] references a master which is not available in file [47] OBIS.esp" . EDIT5: Okay I think I figured this one out. In XX01AE24, one actually has to copy it as an override into SR COnflict Resolution.esp. Only then will it work (but this step is not mentioned in the SR guide). 

Unfortunately doing what Nearox said solved it does not work for me either and I get the same error.

So this is what Im trying:

I open the record, which for me is 5001AE24 as OBIS.esp is at index 50 in my build.

I get a white screen, no color at all with record data in dark grey.  Only OBIS esp is there.

So I right click OBIS.esp and copy into override (as Neo has said many times you should only be editing the Conflict Resolution patch).

That works and I have no problems right clicking on the Relations line and "adding" a new section in the conflict patch.

I can also edit that new section.  For me, Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp is at index 80, so I am pasting in "ARTHLALBanditVampireFaction [FACT:800189E8]" without the speech marks. and when i do so i get the error "FormID [800189E8] references a master which is not available in file [8D] Confict Resolution.esp

Can anyone point me in the direction of what im doing wrong here.  First time ive got genuinely stuck tho so pretty happy so far.

Cheers

Edited by Heliadhel
  • 2 weeks later...

Unsure if you're still stuck, here's what worked for me:

1. Right-click your Conflict Resolution.esp, select "Add Masters...", select Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp and then click [OK].

2. Now proceed to XX01AE24 OBISFaction and copy it as an override into your Conflict Resolution.esp

3. Resume Neovalen's instructions:

Right-click on the Relations line and click Add. Right-click the newly created Faction entry and select Edit. Paste "ARTHLALBanditVampireFaction [FACT:YY0189E8]" where YY = Index of Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp and click [OK]. Right-click the newly created Group Combat Reaction entry and select Edit. Type "Ally" then click [OK].

Edited by quietly