[question] MO with Skyrim Performance Monitor

enkephalin07

Question

The SPM install instructions recommends launching MO from it, but I can't quite get the pathname it recommends.

[C]:Program Files (x86)Steamsteamappscommonskyrim[install path]ModOrganiser.exe

Couldn't MO launch it instead, and if so, what would the path be?

How much will running multiple chained launchers impact performance and stability?

3 answers to this question

Edit: Have you tried moving MO outside of the Steam folders? Not sure it will work if it is nested.

I haven't check if SPM has updated...I'm currently using 3.54. Great tool when I want to monitor real time.

For the Launcher file path: It will need to be where you have MO installed.

For example: F:Mod OrganizerModOrganizer.exe

Then for the

Skyrim INI file path: F:Mod Organizerprofiles"insert profile name"skyrimprefs.ini

Skyrim Main Program file path: F:SteamSteamAppscommonSkyrimTESV.exe

Once MO starts, just launch your skyrim as you normally would. Hope that helps.

Edited by ipmlj

It would still be better to launch SPM from MO. I keep MO open before, after and the entire time I'm running Skyrim, so I shouldn't need to shut it down to find a program I have less use for. It's better to have it accessible in MO's executable list than to dedicate shortcuts to it outside the context I'll actually want it.

And it does work, just launch from MO and set SPM's launcher to SKSE (or just Skyrim.exe, if that's the kind of thing you want to do...) A drawback is that you have to specify one .ini, so it won't switch with you to another profile. A minor drawback for now, since the ini tools don't appear to be very developed.