NobleSkyrimMod HD-2K (by Shutt3r)

Meester

• 3 months later...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/45807

This is a massive texture pack (for reference, currently it has more files than Skyrim HD 2K) which covers among other things, most cities, farmhouses, caves, imperial forts, a lot of clutter items and dungeon material.

It has a 2K and a 1K version. The 1k version is little more than a third of the size of the 2K version, and it is from what I saw very well balanced between performance and quality. Most of the stuff is 1K - as the name implies - but the author has included a few select 2K sized diffuse maps where he deemed it necessary. I notice very little blurry items when running around, and I play in first person so it usually shows pretty quickly.

As for the look of the textures this is of course better experienced by yourself than described, but generally they seem to be some rather simple designs, fairly lore-friendly (but not HQ replicas of vanilla textures). Quality wise it's very good, obviously done with great resource material (this is none of that "2K/ 4K texture-which-looks-blurry-when-viewed-at-100%-zoom" stuff).

It does not have parallax however (and the author said he won't add it), which is a good or a bad thing depending on your personal opinion.

This is clearly of the most underrated and undeservingly unknown mods I've ever seen, honestly.

Edited by crime_syndicate

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It looks sharp but the coloring doesn't seem to match the lighter grey colors of vanilla skyrim. From a distance the colors seem to all be that of the vanilla but then they shift to this mods color scheme as you get closer.

Edited by jprdrizzt