Skyrim Distant Detail (by Kazoomie - Dovahsbane)

MadWizard25

•  
    • Warning: Contains 694 ITM records. Clean with TES5Edit.

Should I clean this with TES5Edit? I can't find an answer on the mod page or here but it is included in Step: Core. I know with some files cleaning them isn't a good idea... is this one of those?

Yes, clean it. Updated wiki page.

See?! I wasn't the only one!  ::P:

• 4 weeks later...

After cleaning I have to create a mod from the Overwrite – I learned this by now.

But in the end of STEPcore setup when I create the Bashed Patch Wrye asks me if it may deselect Distan Detail. If I do and create the Bashed Patch the mod is marked green but shows a "+" inside the green square.

I ignored this and went back to MO. Here in the right plugins panel Distant Detail was unticked so I ticked it and started playing.

Is this standard procedure with this mod?

• 1 month later...

Hello all, turbo n00b here. I'm running through core setup, and have something to ask that hasn't already been answered. Woohoo!

The guide (and wiki) state that the mod (HF edition) requires TES5Edit cleaning. I cleaned the mod in the normal (filter/remove/undelete) fashion. Running LOOT i noticed an additional message even though there were no errors.

The messaged stated that detailed cleaning instructions could be found here - https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited#Distant_Detail_Hearthfire_Edition

I followed instructions and all seemed well, BUT THEN...

While updating position/rotation data from the Unofficial Skryim Patch to Distant DetailHF i noticed there were 4 nodes that were not forwarded rather than just the three reported. The 4th being node 0005DA49.

Being the turbo n00b that I am, I didn't want to screw anything up so I figured I would ask!

Am I ok to update the Z axis in the position data?Additionally, I'm curious how necessary the detailed cleaning is. Should teh n00bs be directed to do it from the guide/wiki directly? Or is it best a bonus for the OCD inclined?Thanks for your help in advance!

Edited by GooseLee

Just forward the edits from the unofficial Skyrim Patch or do nothing (these conflitcs isn't game breaking). This mod does not contain textures, its just a plugin, so nothing to ddsopt here :)

By the way, cleaning this mod is essential :)

Edited by TheDane
  • +1 1

Just forward the edits from the unofficial Skyrim Patch or do nothing (these conflitcs isn't game breaking).

Thank ya much; is what I needed to know!LOL @ DDSopt support thread. I meant the TES5Edit support thread. ;p

Edited by GooseLee

• 2 months later...

Even after I clean the plugin of this mod (remove ITM in TES5EDIT and forwarding USKP changes as described on the Neovalen's page (btw there is one more "placed object" that needs changes forwarding, it is highlighted in red in the TES5EDIT)), LOOT reports the same amount of ITM in it (694), though TES5EDIT reported to remove around ~350 ITMs

Am I doing something wrong?

UPD: Oh okay. It is only the MO built-in LOOT that gives me the warning. The new standalone version of LOOT says its okay

Edited by Ubeogesh

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...