Help Improve Pack Creation!

Just had a look at it... Nah. There is plenty of space (on my 1080p screen) for it to be horizontal. Also I would have it read Forum Thread or Support Thread just so that it sticks out a bit more.

By the way can you use spoiler tages or something else so that the user has to click on it and then it opens a box with text? It doesn't seem to work for me at the wiki. 

Much like you can on forums:

example

For instance, instead of the seperate REGS - SRLE compatibility section, I want to include these instructions at the REGS page but only if they are initially hidden and can be viewed by users when they click a box or something like a spoiler tag. If spoiler tage is the way to go, is it possible to change the titel from 'spoiler' to 'instructions for SRLE users'. 

https://wiki.step-project.com/TestCollapseMenu

Yup, collapsible menus are amazing but I noticed sometime after editing and then after reloading the collapse/expand button disappears and they appear to be in a Expanded table. Its kinda annoying.

THis needs to be reported to s4n. Maybe put it as an issue in the wiki sub forum and take a screen or two if you can.

Hiding text is not ideal either. If a TOC is too wide, then it's not a good candidate as a floating TOC. Let's not go altering things in the Wiki that is not consistent. This is one example of why I don't like the CSS extension.

I see you created a TOC limit template, but how do you intend it to work (see talk page)

I added some info to the template page.

The reason it didn't work on the old SR page is that you only use {{TOC limit}} but there is no limit in the template. It has so look like {{TOC limit|#}}.

Also, since {{TOC right}} is already there you should combine them {{TOC right|limit=#}}.

Oh yeah also, is it possible for the ToC to include numbers in both the ToC and in the headings that are on the page? I think back when we made REGS we weren't able to do it, and only have numbers in the ToC. 

The TOC can be auto-numbered, but headings are not. The latter is a user preference available under the top menu.

<user>->preferences->appearance

Under Advanced Options, tick the Auto-number headings checkbox.

Ahh I see, thx.

Also SRB the horizontal 'forum thread' link is looking nice. I am thinking though, now that that info block has become relatively small. Why not center it at the pack page? That way it'll jump out more. Maybe just try it and see if you/we like it. 

Edited by Nearox

Made some changes today to Pack template. Just one minor compatibility issue, which actually was due to a bug in the code.

• Forum Thread link is now toward the center (right) rather than in front of the Pack info. It also has been shrunk to the same size of the "CURRENT VERSION" and "REQUIRED DLC" text. Might want to increase the size and/or change font?
  • Required DLC now appear in the main Pack header to the right and use the symbols used in the STEP Guide.
  • Short description now correctly parses lines and doesn't force them all into one paragraph. (bug fix)

Because of the last change, Pack:Requiem's short description now has multiple paragraphs, as that is how it was entered, which is why I say there is a minor compatibility issue. Easy fix would be to remove the extra lines between phrases, or actually make the short description shorter...