General Feedback

I'm not sure how compatible Quo Vagis is with mods in the guide for you to be able to include it while using other mods in this list. Mod guides on STEP don't include mods with themes or content that are NSFW, so I don't see how we could add that mod to this guide.

From the list I posted earlier, I found that "Generator Noises" has been incorporated into the "Updated Unofficial Fallout 3 patch". The author of "Point Lookout Reborn" didn't try to make this mod compatible with any mods that changed or used buildings in Point Lookout, and there are posts of the mod's nexus forum that say it is quite incompatible with "In the Shadow of the Swamp", so "Point Lookout Reborn" won't be added to the guide.

Kelmych, I was just offering notes, not criticising.

some further notes: 

Hall of Equipment. Has an all-in-one pack now. no need for optional downloads.

Hall of Weapons: same deal. all in one pack available now.

Precision Collision is in Texture Overhauls as well as Packrat Mentality.

Better HiRes skill books / Skill Books hi-res retexture. Suggest putting the note to say one or the other on the first listed, rather than 2nd.

Batteries Plus - further info needed. Extract zip/rar to temp folder, pick one FOMOD each of 9v, energy cell, and MF cell to your taste. Copy fomod to MO mod download folder, then install one at a time in MO as usual. Can install first, then merge the next two into the same folder. Can mix & match fomods, as long as only 1 of each type of battery(cell).

Better Posture. Completely over-written by Fallout Re-Animated a couple mods down. Either place after FO-RA to retain its effect, or do not install.

Looks like you already fixed the link mixups I found last night. 

Re: BOSS/BUM. Since I had no good idea of where to place stuff (other than by mod-type, which wouldn't account for anything requiring over-writes), I decided to go with LOOT. Sorted everything. And I mean 'sorted', not 'fixed' - haven't tried game yet!!

Wrye Flash. Didn't create a bashed patch, 0.esp automatically for me. I got the first empty one by manually doing this: In Explorer, Go to MO install folderoverwrite folder. Open new explorer window, and go to <FO3 install dir>Mopytemplates and copy Bashed Patch, 0.esp to MOinstalloverwrite window. Close both explorer windows, go back into MO proper, and enable the based patch on the right pane. When at end of guide & have create bashed patch, right click overwrite on left pane, create Mod, call it "Clear and Present bashed patch", and enable.

Cheers!

Additionally, the link for High Res Nuka Cola retexture's pointing to the wrong mod. :)

proper link for nuka cola: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/19276/?

Edited by perrob

some possible bash tags for BOSS/BUM:

FO3_WRP.esp - add to bottom of Weapons. Add to tags/message: TAG: {{BASH: Graphics}}
PlasmaRifleAwesomefied.esp - add to bottom of Weapons. Add to tags/message: TAG: {{BASH: Sound, Stats}}
RagdollOverhaulFO3.esp - add to bottom of Weapons. Add to tags/message: TAG: {{BASH: Actors.Skeleton}}

Perrob did you include Blackened in the bashed patch as well? It's the best and most recent updated patch for a FWE+MMM+PB+EVE combo and I remember it was always mentioned in the past to never include it in the automated merged patch of FO3Edit or in a Bashed Patch.

Can you confirm, considering you have included Blackened in the bashed patch, that everything works fine? Especially the NPC's since there might be a strange mix of races and facegen records. Or maybe I'm completely wrong, I'm not familiar with Wrye Flash anyway.

had no luck at all with it - for some reason I can't launch FOSE or even plain Fallout3.exe from MO. Have just scrapped my installation & redownloaded FO3 from steam. Going to try it as a NMM install in the hope it works that way.

MO is my mod manager of choice, but I half remember I had problems with FO3 before with MO. At least it works fine with FNV & Skyrim!!

I think Wrye Flash had included the blackened merged patches, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll let you know for sure this time though.

I'm not sure how compatible Quo Vagis is with mods in the guide for you to be able to include it while using other mods in this list. Mod guides on STEP don't include mods with themes or content that are NSFW, so I don't see how we could add that mod to this guide.

Yeah, I thougth so... Thanks for the reply anyway. :)

Oh yeah, while I'm at it, the link for "Nuca-Cola Hi-Res Retexture" is wrong, it redirects to "Bear Trap Retextured".

Edited by hamgelu

had no luck at all with it - for some reason I can't launch FOSE or even plain Fallout3.exe from MO. Have just scrapped my installation & redownloaded FO3 from steam. Going to try it as a NMM install in the hope it works that way.

I think FO3 runs fine with MO. From my experience, game not launching is caused either by unnecessary apps running in the background (eg. I had troubles launching FOSE and Fallout3.exe through MO while also running the Borderless Window mod thing), or my most common reason for not being able to start FOSE/NVSE launchers through MO was when I hadn't extracted a bsa from a mod. This happened more often in FNV though.

Of course I'm talking considering you have already made sure there isn't any missing master plugin...

Edited by Brainfever

By the way I tried LOOT for Fallout 3. Interesting program probably better than BOSS, that's what people say anyway, but I found something weird. Is it ok the fact that it places plugins completely differently than BOSS? I mean for the recognized ones. I'll provide an example when I'm home, but what I mean is like it placed FWE plugins spreaded along the load order and not together one after the other. The load order didn't give me anything wrong in FO3Edit but I'm totally unfamiliar seeing the plugins I have sorted thousand times in the past in a certain way being sorted like that.

Yeah it's fine, but there will need to be some manual rules put in place. Me and Kelymych are looking over F&L and C&PD right now to figure that stuff out. I've reported a bunch of stuff to the LOOT guys already and there is a masterlist contributor that contacted Kelmych if we need some help.

Is there a standard format for reporting to Loot? I doubt it is exactly the same as for Boss sine load order itself isn't used. I can start accumulating information soon.

I spent part of yesterday gathering data for bash tags. I'll put this I'm the guide tonight.

Do they still include mod cleaning data; there is vey little in the Boss reports? I started to look at the FO3 mods wit FO3Edit, and most of the mods I checked had ITMs or UDRs. I wish I knew which were important to remove and which weren't.

Yeah, but you want to remove the ITMs, start the game and see if it loads without issue, then repeat with UDRs. Vurts WFO is an example where you clean the ITMs but not the UDRs. Vault 22 is another example where cleaning is no good.

Usually you can just report the ITMs and UDRs and the team will sort it out.