General Feedback

Hey anyone know if the difference between the performance version of nmc texture pack and the maximum version of nmc texture pack is notcible because judging by the description of the performance version it looks like all the textures are properly optimized as the maximum version is not

The difference among the packs is the resolution of the textures. The maximum has a lot more 2kx2k textures, for example, than the performance pack. I remember seeing a comparison of the texture resolution in the packs once, but I don't remember where.

Hi. I'm ambivalent about whether the textures from the Updated Unofficial FO3 Patch, which comes first in the guide, should be overwritten by the textures that come after the guide. Specifically, should

Better Clutter and Furniture Pack\Textures\Clutter\Junk\wooddetails_n.dds

Better Clutter and Furniture Pack\Textures\Clutter\Office\paper01.dds

Hi-Res Weapons and Ammo Textures\Meshes\DLC03\AnimObjects\dlc03laserrifleanimobject.nif

Hi-Res Weapons and Ammo Textures\Meshes\DLCAnch\AnimObjects\dlcanchfatmananimobject.nif

Hi-Res Weapons and Ammo Textures\Meshes\DLCAnch\weapons\1handmelee\dlcanchenergysword.nif

Hi-Res Weapons and Ammo Textures\Meshes\DLCAnch\weapons\1handpistol\dlcanchchinesepistol.nif

Hi-Res Weapons and Ammo Textures\Meshes\DLCPitt\Weapons\2HandAutomatic\dlc01infiltrator.nif

Hi-Res Weapons and Ammo Textures\Meshes\DLCPitt\Weapons\2HandMelee\dlcanchautoaxe.nif

Hi-Res Weapons and Ammo Textures\Meshes\DLCPitt\Weapons\2HandMelee\dlcanchautoaxego.nif

Hi-Res Weapons and Ammo Textures\Meshes\Weapons\1handmelee\combatknife.nif

Hi-Res Weapons and Ammo Textures\Meshes\Weapons\1handmelee\rustyknife.nif

Hi-Res Weapons and Ammo Textures\Meshes\Weapons\1handmelee\tireiron.nif

Hi-Res Weapons and Ammo Textures\Meshes\Weapons\1handpistol\10mmpistolsilenced.nif

Hi-Res Weapons and Ammo Textures\Meshes\Weapons\1handpistol\32snubnose.nif

Hi-Res Weapons and Ammo Textures\Meshes\Weapons\1handpistol\laserpistol.nif

Hi-Res Weapons and Ammo Textures\Meshes\Weapons\1handpistol\mauserpistol01.nif

Hi-Res Weapons and Ammo Textures\Meshes\Weapons\2handmelee\sledgehammer.nif

Hi-Res Weapons and Ammo Textures\Meshes\Weapons\2handrifle\laserrifle.nif

Hi-Res Weapons and Ammo Textures\Meshes\Weapons\2handrifle\lincolnrifle.nif

Hi-Res Weapons and Ammo Textures\Meshes\Weapons\2handrifle\plasmarifle.nif

Hi-Res Weapons and Ammo Textures\Meshes\Weapons\2handrifle\sniperrifle.nif

Mothership Zeta DLC Retextured\textures\dlc05\creatures\alien\dlc05alienhelmet.dds

Textures - NMCs Texture Pack for FO3\Textures\architecture\suburban\suburbanrubble01_n.dds

Textures - NMCs Texture Pack for FO3\Textures\architecture\urban\edgetrim01.dds

Textures - NMCs Texture Pack for FO3\Textures\architecture\urban\edgetrim01_n.dds

Textures - NMCs Texture Pack for FO3\Textures\architecture\urban\streetlitter01.dds

Textures - NMCs Texture Pack for FO3\Textures\architecture\urban\streetlitter01_n.dds

Textures - NMCs Texture Pack for FO3\Textures\Clutter\junk\wooddetails_n.dds

Textures - NMCs Texture Pack for FO3\Textures\dungeons\neoclassical\neoclassicalmaintile03.dds

Textures - NMCs Texture Pack for FO3\Textures\dungeons\neoclassical\neodarkmaintile03.dds

Textures - NMCs Texture Pack for FO3\Textures\dungeons\utility\utilityframesheet01.dds

Textures - NMCs Texture Pack for FO3\Textures\landscape\roads\roadwasteland01.dds

replace their corresponding version in the Updated Unofficial FO3 Patch?

I know that the guide mentioned that the four files in Better Clutter and Furniture Pack that start with aislesign should not be used because they overwrite needed textures in the Updated Unofficial FO3 Patch but the guide makes no mention of the files I mentioned above.

I know that usually you would let textures from the bottom of the guide overwrite textures from the top of the guide but considering that the textures from the Updated Unofficial Patch FO3 are bugfixes and that most of the textures in question except for roadwasteland01.dds, neodarkmaintile03.dds, neoclassicalmaintile03.dds, streetlitter01_n.dds, streetlitter01.dds, and suburbanrubble01_n.dds are older than the textures in the Updated Unofficial FO3 Patch, I just want to make sure that bugfix textures should be deteled.

If they should be, I think the guide could mention that it is okay to overwrite the bugfix textures to avoid doubt. Thanks.

The textures provided by UUOF3P have the same resolution as the vanilla ones they replace. The texture replacers in the guide provide higher resolution versions of these textures, and we expect that they don't have the problems that were present in the vanilla textures. If there was a known issue with ones in the higher resolution replacers we would have mentioned it. Go ahead and use the guide recommendations for the textures you list for which the UUOF3P textures are replaced by other mods in the guide.

there is a minor error in the bashed patch creation instructions (not worth making a new topic over)

instructions say to check "Import Actors: Death Items" then a few sentences after it says "it is recommended that ALL boxes are checked except the following" and Import Actors: Death Items is in that list too. I dont know if it should be checked or unchecked so cant edit it myself.

So I checked my MO install, and I don't have original singe files of Chris' to check, and I'm on wireless internet so I have no bandwidth to redownload until I get proper landline connection setup.  The Assault rifle seemed to just have an extra texture of the chinese assault rifle (assault = g23assault, chinese = assault).  I think it should be okay to remove the single retexture files, but I can't confirm 100% till everything gets set up in my new place.

Also, C93 - Distant LOD Rock Fix for NMC's Texture Pack is incompatible with FO3LODGen, so it can be removed. NMC's textures need to be extracted manually from the atlas into their own files to work (which I'm working on).

Edited by Adonis_VII

Hi all,

I have some questions and one suggestion to make.

- I noticed that there is a beta version of FOSE (v1.3 b2). I opened and checked the changelog and there are some features and bug fixes (not many, but still). Is there any specific reason that this version is not being used? (because for those kind of mods beta=stable usually)

- Is "Smaller Crosshair" mod removed from the guide?

And one more general question:

Sorry if this has already been answered but I'll ask anyway ::): . Are we (the plain member users) permitted to edit a guide and if yes to what extent? If there is a specific topic about this please direct me to it, because I am a little bored to search, blame the heat ::P: .

Suggestion: For any kind of mod with complicated installation instructions, it would be nice if there was a thumbnail/screenshot which shows the post-installation status of MO Information window/tabs, so that one can easily/quickly verify the correctness of his/her installation. One such mod for example is "Dynamic Weather" with its many esps and various move/delete file/folder instructions.. I think it would improve the ease of installation, because sometimes it's fairly easy to mess something up by accident even if you are an experienced user, let alone an inexperienced one.

Thanks

Edited by nameerf

there is a minor error in the bashed patch creation instructions (not worth making a new topic over)

instructions say to check "Import Actors: Death Items" then a few sentences after it says "it is recommended that ALL boxes are checked except the following" and Import Actors: Death Items is in that list too. I dont know if it should be checked or unchecked so cant edit it myself.

There aren't any mods in the guides that currently have the bas tag for this, but for future use it can be checked.

For me, there is a plugin in this category: the Blackened FWE - MMM - EVE - Project Beauty.esp from Blackened..

LOOT was updated to 0.7.1 as well as FO3 masterlist, whith the reported bash tags. I know this because I just tried to create a new Bashed Patch from scratch and all the recommended tags were imported.

Maybe it's because of this? Either way do we check it or not?