Interactive Clutter (by fireundubh)

fireundubh

Great to see v0.2 is out, that was fast! I'll download when I get home and check it out / give feedback.

Regarding that santa bag, I use EK_limiteditems which gives space allotments to items.

Thanks Glanzer, this looks like a great find. I've been on an immersion kick lately and this will fit right in.Regarding ninja Havok post: I didn't experience anything like that in Bleak Falls Barrow, I'll watch for it in an urban environment, like the Skeeping Giant Inn with plenty of vanilla food clutter. If I don't get it there, maybe we compare settings and look for differences (mine are on my STEP profile page btw, except for Nvidia which didn't lend itself to cut-n-pasting). Edited by redirishlord

I'll see if I can cause some Havok in the Sleeping Giant tonight.

Dungeon clutter seems safe enough, I liked that I could pick up the deer skulls on that narrow bridge over the troll pit instead of running / jumping over them (which would likely have resulted in a workman's comp claim with the government of Whiterun).

Might be related to Physics Impact Damage Fix, but I remember them always being prone to becoming havok missiles when run into/over at speed (bounce off cave wall and severely injure or kill the pc). Antler to the knee?

>>> Been to the Giant, unable to cause a rukus with the flatware, I'll see what comotion I can (or can't) start in the Bannered Mare. Got the v0.2 update, turned some broken pottery to clay, good stuff. I'm not finding carts to be interactive, perhaps because ETaC is forcing vanilla behavior in Riverwood? I will begin my quest for the (w)holy vanilla cart.

Edited by redirishlord

There are three cart meshes in the game. Two are static. One was a moveable static and was converted to a miscellaneous item. Normal statics don't have physics, so when I converted them, I could pick them up but dropping them caused them to freeze in midair. They also couldn't be grabbed. And they caused carts that have statics placed in them to go crazy. I left them as statics.

By the way, v0.2 has some funny weights due to equally funny vanilla ingredient and misc weights.

That said, the hand cart you can pick up now weighs 150 and there's a large kettle in Helgen that weighs 300.

Posted Image

Plugged this mod in to test it out for a bit. Only been using it for a few minutes and can tell you the issue with the objects bouncing on the tables is still present with iPresentInterval set to 0 or 1. Just sat in a chair at a table and had a pie jump off into the floor. At another table an egg kept rolling and rolling in place without anyone touching it.

I don't get this issue. Nevermind that this mod has nothing to do with pies or eggs. Are you using SMIM? Edited by fireundubh

I don't get this issue. Nevermind that this mod has nothing to do with pies or eggs. Are you using SMIM?

Of course. I'm running a full STEP Extended installation. I tried both with the setting set to 1 and 0...made no difference. I'll see about taking some video and uploading it.

Skyrim Physics didn't work very well from the get-go, so I can see how adding something like this could easily cause issues. If I were a physics engine scripter and wanted to make a quick and dirty physics engine, I would be inclined to enhance the effect of physics on objects, since otherwise it's likely you wouldn't be able to see the effect --- as ~90% of the effects of physics in the real world are very subtle at best. I would also make it player-biased, so acts by the player have more influence than anything else. But this would also mean that such an engine could be very susceptible to fluctuations in FPS if the physics engine can't effectively act independent of the graphics engine.

I wonder if limiting yourself to either 60 or 30 FPS using ENB or Nvidia Inspector AND using "iFPSClamp=60" (or 30) in Skyrim.ini (along with iPresentInterval=1) would fix this particular problem, since what iFPSClamp does is effectively slow down or speed up time if you're missing the target FPS (clamps the main render thread, AFAIK). Of course, this adds all sorts of weird problems of its own; "iFPSClamp" has never been a sure-fire fix.

Quoting Saerileth (from her Druid's Den mod page):

"Apparently statics suffer from the havok bug just as much as any other object, so it seems not even a hardcoded engine restriction is reliable."

Quoting Icecreamassassin (from his Legacy of the Dragonborn mod page):

"Models used for displays are static objects using dynamic models(the world model) which means that the actual models have havok physics on it, but the core engine of the game kills it because of it being used for a static object... or so it should."

Anyways, seems like statics can do all kinds of misbehaving, these comments were in regards to statics as wall art for home & museum displays of collected artifacts. Unfortunately, without apparent rhyme or reason these statics will leap of wall hangars and the like and wind up on the floor.

If you are interested in delving into that further I suggested those two start a havok victims support group (maybe you could meet in the author's forum on STEP, I don't have access otherwise I'd offer to bring pastry) and the forum posts sound like the idea might take off ::P:

Okay here are the issue videos with tables:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYaqrClwA_g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nivm1jjANAo

In all fairness, this also happens in vanilla sometimes so maybe it's an issue to look into possibly providing a fix for? Here are a couple shots of the others:

Posted Image

Here, sitting down at the table causes these items to move and the cup to fall off the table. (Could be vanilla placement issue)

Posted Image

Here, as soon as the interior loads you hear a clanking in the room. This kettle is simply laying in the middle of the floor.

Okay here are the issue videos with tables...

First of all, there's something inside that pie.Second, install Mfg Console and tell us the Form IDs of those objects. I know they're not part of Interactive Clutter.I'm pretty sure those particular issues are caused by collision errors which Brumbek can probably fix for SMIM. Edited by fireundubh

Those are the Form IDs of the REFR records.

Pie

FoodPie "Apple Pie" [ALCH:00064B43]

ClutterIngredientsPie01.nif

Plate

GlazedPlate01 "Plate" [MISC:000B9BD0]

ClutterGlazedPlate01.nif

Honey Nut Treat

whatever mod is at 23 in your load order

So, yeah, not related to this mod.

Also, SMIM doesn't touch those meshes. Ask Brumbek to take a look at them.

Edited by fireundubh