Cant run fallout new Vegas with mod organizer OH NOO!

hamburgerhelperman

Question

Hi im new to mod organizer and wondering if there is something simple im overlooking i just transferred all of my mods from nmm. now that i have set up all my mods that i want it wont seem to run the game. i click on run set to 4gb or nvse or the normal launcher and nothing happens i get the nvse black cmd box or the 4gb loading bar but then nothing. i can run new Vegas normally from either one of those fine the mods wont work for obvious reason since there in mod organizer files and not in my new Vegas directory but runs fine no errors. I am horrible at typing messages and i apologize and thank you for the help.        

• Answers 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hey guys, didn't want to start new topic, but I have the same problem, hope you could help me out.

I've been modding every TES game since Morrowind and this is the first time I'm trully lost. I've decided to buy New Vegas Ultimate Edition on Steam. I'm using Mod Organizer. But I can't get the MO load the mods into my game. The game starts, no problem, but there are no mods. I'm using NVSE.

I have reinstalled the game several times. Reinstalled MO several times. Connected it every time, but no result. I even tried to move the game as it's described here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

but only difference it made is that the game won't start from the FalloutNVLauncher.exe saying it can't find .INI and I should reinstall the game. The FalloutNV.exe works fine, the NVSE works fine (NVSE really should be running coz I've checked that the MO won't exit when exiting the game itself, the rest of exe files are unchecked) this goes for launching with and without MO - doesn't matter. The automatic archive invalidation is checked in MO.

I don't know if this is weird, but even though I start the game through NVSE, it offers me the the same box that FNVLauncher.exe uses (with options and stuff)

The only mods I have installed right now are: Enhanced Camera and Millenia's Weapon Pack. They don't work as mentioned above, I have them only for testing purposes to see whether the mods in general work - they don't :( Sorry this is so long, I just tried to give as much information as possible. Your help would be much appreciated, if you have any ideas, PLEASE, share, thank you :)

1) What directory is your Steam installed in?

2) Is Mod Organizer installed inside the Fallout New Vegas directory?

3) You are starting the game through Mod Organizer correct?

At the very least make sure that Steam is not installed in your C:Program Files (x86) directory. If it is, you should move it. Mine is installed on my D: drive. 

Mod Organizer should be installed INSIDE of the Fallout New Vegas directory: D:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonFallout New VegasMod Organizer...

The game should really only be started through the Steam launcher the FIRST time to set your graphics settings. After that it should always be started through Mod Organizer.

Within Mod Organizer you should be starting the game using the 4gb loader.

I highly suggest going through https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Essarrbee/FalloutNewVegas and follow the guide for setting up the game. Go all the way through until you hit the 'Quests' section and then you can continue on with the guide or go your own way. But getting MO setup correctly and using the 4gb loader is all detailed in the beginning sections.

1) What directory is your Steam installed in?

2) Is Mod Organizer installed inside the Fallout New Vegas directory?

3) You are starting the game through Mod Organizer correct?

At the very least make sure that Steam is not installed in your C:Program Files (x86) directory. If it is, you should move it. Mine is installed on my D: drive. 

Mod Organizer should be installed INSIDE of the Fallout New Vegas directory: D:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonFallout New VegasMod Organizer...

The game should really only be started through the Steam launcher the FIRST time to set your graphics settings. After that it should always be started through Mod Organizer.

Within Mod Organizer you should be starting the game using the 4gb loader.

I highly suggest going through https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Essarrbee/FalloutNewVegas and follow the guide for setting up the game. Go all the way through until you hit the 'Quests' section and then you can continue on with the guide or go your own way. But getting MO setup correctly and using the 4gb loader is all detailed in the beginning sections.

Thanks for reply buddy. Yes, yes and yes. I will try to reinstall it once more and launching it through Steam launcher as you're suggesting. I will try to use the 4gb loader also. The thing is I had a pirate version of New Vegas to try it out, I tried out couple of big mods using MO and everything worked smoothly, but after buying the game everything is just so much more complicated...paradox huh :D I'll get back to you asap, thanks again ;)

Man, this is desperate. I went through all the https://wiki.step-pro...FalloutNewVegas besides the BSAs section (which concluded with the words that it's not exactly necessary), and I tried the "Weapons of Millenia" mod, which shouldn't overwrite anything in the BSAs so that shouldn't be the problem and it still doesn't load a thing. Guys, if you have any tips, ideas, suggestions, please, I've spend good couple of hours reinstalling, downloading and fiddling about it without a glimpse of progress. This is ridiculous. I'm not a heavy modder, I had around 20 mods and NVAC helped with 95% of the crashes. Do you guys think I'll have more chance with Nexus Mod Manager? I'd rather use MO, but if that's not gonna work, I'd give that a shot...

Did you run the fallout launcher under MO or by clicking it in the Fallout New Vegas folder? You may need to run it once from the launcher outside of MO.

Thanks for the post. I ran it through Steam Launcher the first time after the reinstall as suggested by Vaportralis above. I deleted .ini files before, so that new ones can be generated by the game itself :/ And I'm usingWindows 7 64bit, if that has anything to do with it...

I've just found out there is a message for me in the MO:

Files in the Overwrite mod are are usually files created by an external tool (i.e. Wrye Bash, Automatic Variants, ...).It is advisable you empty the Overwrite directory by moving those files to an existing mod. You can do this by double-clicking the Overwrite mod and use drag&drop to move the files to a mod.Alternatively, right-click on Overwrite and create a new regular mod from the files there.Why is this necessary? Generated files may depend on the other mods active in a profile and may thus be incompatible with a different profile (i.e. bashed patches from Wrye Bash). On the other hand the file may be necessary in all profiles (i.e. dlc esms after cleaning with TESVEdit)This can NOT be automated you HAVE to read up on the tools you use and make an educated decision.

Could that be the problem? If so, how can I fix it?

Edited by DanimalCZ

I treat the output from WRYE, TES5Edit, Skyproc patchers as disposable data. With the exception of the skyproc patchers none of them use the ESP, they overwrite it. The skyproc patchers have log data that is read on the next run.

What I do is start with a clean overwrite folder and run one tool at a time. When it is finished I right click the overwrite folder and select create a mod name it for the profile and mod it belongs to and then enable it and sort if ESPs if needed. Run the next tool and repeat the above.

When the load order changes I disable each output mod and run the tools in the order needed. When the tool is finished I enable the old output file and right click the overwrite folder and this time I select sync to mods. WRYE and TesEdit will sync OK. Some files from Skyproc patchers and FNIS will not sync so I just create a new mod from those.

All of these created mods can be moved around like any mods to satisfy conflicts, this is mostly for FNIS as you want the output to have a higher priority. 

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the files left in the overwrite mod are always active in every profile with the exception of ESPs which can be disabled.

@ DanimalCZ

So to recap you can run the game, but the installed mods ESPs and thus the mods do not show up in game, correct?

Some things to try, I am guessing here and just throwing out some ideas:

Launch NVSE from MO, then open the console and type "GetNVSEVersion" (without the quotes). It should print back "NVSE version: xx", where xx is the version of NVSE that is installed. This can be done at the initial game screen.

Can you post in a spoiler the three NVSE logs that are created, nvse.log, nvse_loader.log, and nvse_steam_loader.log, if they are created.

Google “free commander†and download the setup file and install it on your system. In MO set up the free commander as an executable and run it from inside of MO. Use it to navigate to the FNV data directory. You should see the ESPs from the installed and activated mods.

Please report back with your findings or a clarification of the problem if I am wrong.

@GSDFanThanks for trying to help me out. Yes, the game runs without a problem, but the installed mods don't show up in the game, just like if you would run a vanilla game. The console command showed that the NVSE version is "4". I did the whole "free commander" thing and it did show "Weapons of Millenia" mod in the data folder...

All the NVSE logs you mentioned were created, here's the spoiler:

[spoiler=nvse.log]NVSE runtime: initialize (version = 4.2.3 040020D0 01CFB61E6E96A7F5)imagebase = 00400000fallout root = e:$aaagamessteamsteamappscommonFallout New Vegas enplczruconfig path = e:$aaagamessteamsteamappscommonFallout New Vegas enplczruDataNVSEnvse_config.iniplugin directory = e:$aaagamessteamsteamappscommonFallout New Vegas enplczruDataNVSEPluginschecking plugin e:$aaagamessteamsteamappscommonFallout New Vegas enplczruDataNVSEPluginsnvac.dllplugin e:$aaagamessteamsteamappscommonFallout New Vegas enplczruDataNVSEPluginsnvac.dll (00000001 NVAC - New Vegas Anti Crash 07000000) loaded correctlychecking plugin e:$aaagamessteamsteamappscommonFallout New Vegas enplczruDataNVSEPluginssr_New_Vegas_Stutter_Remover.dllplugin e:$aaagamessteamsteamappscommonFallout New Vegas enplczruDataNVSEPluginssr_New_Vegas_Stutter_Remover.dll (00000001 sr_New_Vegas_Stutter_Remover 00004124) loaded correctlymax id = 000015B5patchedinit completeHook_DirectInput8Create_ExecuteNVSE DLL DoPreLoadGameHook: autosave.fosReading mod list from co-saveLoading array variablesLoading stringsNVSE DLL DoLoadGameHook: autosave.fosplugin didn't finish reading chunkNVSE DLL DoPostLoadGameHook: autosave.fos

[spoiler=nvse_loader.log]nvse loader 04020030 01CFB61E6BDED0C5procPath = E:$AAAGamesSteamsteamappscommonFallout New Vegas enplczruFalloutNV.exelaunching: FalloutNV.exe (E:$AAAGamesSteamsteamappscommonFallout New Vegas enplczruFalloutNV.exe)dwSignature = FEEF04BDdwStrucVersion = 00010000dwFileVersionMS = 00010004dwFileVersionLS = 0000020DdwProductVersionMS = 00010004dwProductVersionLS = 0000020DdwFileFlagsMask = 00000017dwFileFlags = 00000000dwFileOS = 00000004dwFileType = 00000001dwFileSubtype = 00000000dwFileDateMS = 00000000dwFileDateLS = 00000000version = 000100040000020Dsteam exehook call addr = 00ECC46Bload lib addr = 00FDF0B0dll = E:$AAAGamesSteamsteamappscommonFallout New Vegas enplczrunvse_1_4.dllmain thread id = 3220hookBase = 001E0000loadLibraryAAddr = 753F499Fhook thread completelaunching

[spoiler=nvse_steam_loader.log]nvse loader 04020030 (steam) 01CFB61E6E5AFDA5GetSystemTimeAsFileTime IAT = 00FDF184original GetSystemTimeAsFileTime = 753F34C9patched GetSystemTimeAsFileTime = 562C24A0GetStartupInfoA IAT = 00FDF190original GetStartupInfoA = 753F0E00patched GetStartupInfoA = 562C24C0InstallHook: thread = 5124 retaddr = 00EDDBD7appPath = e:$aaagamessteamsteamappscommonFallout New Vegas enplczruFalloutNV.exedwSignature = FEEF04BDdwStrucVersion = 00010000dwFileVersionMS = 00010004dwFileVersionLS = 0000020DdwProductVersionMS = 00010004dwProductVersionLS = 0000020DdwFileFlagsMask = 00000017dwFileFlags = 00000000dwFileOS = 00000004dwFileType = 00000001dwFileSubtype = 00000000dwFileDateMS = 00000000dwFileDateLS = 00000000version = 000100040000020Dsteam exedll = e:$aaagamessteamsteamappscommonFallout New Vegas enplczrunvse_1_4.dllold winmain = 0086A850fallout root = e:$aaagamessteamsteamappscommonFallout New Vegas enplczruconfig path = e:$aaagamessteamsteamappscommonFallout New Vegas enplczruDataNVSEnvse_config.inioverriding memory pool sizesdefault heap = 400MBOnHook: thread = 5124calling winmain

You apparently have a Polish/Czech/Russian version of the game.I found a similar problem with 4Gb for NV. Open the executable for NVSE and put a check in the “Overwrite Steam Appid†and put 22490 in the edit field. I am not sure if this will work.

Found here

@GSDFan

Yes, I have Czech version. The checking "Overwrite Steam Appid" didn't work, but I've put it as an argument to the 4GB for NV and the mods work, but there's different problem. There is no text in the whole game, nothing in the menu, no dialogs, no inventory showed, here is a screen what for example Pipboy looks like:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/90181404@N05/14897758445/

Edited by DanimalCZ

@GSDFan

Yes, I have Czech version. The checking "Overwrite Steam Appid" didn't work, but I've put it as an argument to the 4GB for NV and the mods work, but there's different problem. There is no text in the whole game, nothing in the menu, no dialogs, no inventory showed, here is a screen what for example Pipboy looks like:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/90181404@N05/14897758445/

Does the UI mod you have installed work with Czech version? I don't know how all that stuff works and if the characters from language are all the same as English.