Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel - Weather - Lighting by JJC71

EisDrache

FYI. "Final" Edition of Climates will be released this monday according to its author :) I'm still not sure if it will be compatible with Dawnguard though' date=' his earlier statements has said it won't be...[/quote']

One day I may actually get to see this mod in action... maybe. By the time I wanted to try it, Dawnguard was released. Here is to hoping for a Dawnguard patch after "final" is released.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't use Dawnguard until when CoT is compatible with it. Cot + Project ENB made my game so gorgeous i cannot play without them' date=' even if i miss content added by DG dlc.[/quote']

Got a new graphic card today so I might actually be able to use that combination with what I consider playable performance! Gone from a 560GTX 1 gb to a 660gtx TI 2gb and from my testing so far its looking great. Haven't tried any ENBs yet though.

The author has just posted that after "final" he won't be modding for the forseeable future. There will also be no Dawnguard compatibility but he has given his blessing to anyone with the knowledge to create a patch (which is not me...).

Unfortunately this means if Bethesda release any more DLC that modifies weather it will also break CoT until someone comes along and fixes it. Always hate when good mods end up going unsupported.

While reading through some of the comments in Climates of Tamriel, there have been a mixed reaction of comments regarding the incompatibility with Dawnguard.

Some stated it worked perfectly fine and others stated that there are some visual bugs.

However, it seems the ones that actually completed Dawnguard stated that there is a specific part of the quest line in Dawnguard that makes it incompatible with climates of Tamriel but before you reach that part or haven't started on the quest line of Dawnguard, it should work perfectly fine.

So i am guessing, if I have Dawnguard installed but don't continue the quest line in Dawnguard it should be compatible till i actually start on it or reach that specific part of the quest line correct?

After using latest final version of Climates of Tamriel for a good 6 hours.

I have just one word, INCREDIBLE

This final version has fixed so many problems from the previous versions and also made the weather system alot more beautiful when it already seemed near perfect before.

I have to say that this mod has now become a necessity for every player who wants to see a dynamic weather system and become even more immersed in the world of Skyrim.

GET THIS MOD IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY! YOU WONT REGRET IT!

I downloaded it' date=' but unfortunately until a patch is made it won't be in my permanent load order.[/quote']

Neovalen,

While it is true that Climates is not compatible with Dawnguard, it is only true when you reach a specific part of the quest line that alters the weather.,

If you have dawnguard installed but haven't finished or reach that specific part of the questline, you should have no compatibility problems at all.

This is presuming, you didnt finish Dawnguard though

A few observations:

1. Night and daytime weathers look nice, but I was getting weird brightness levels when fast traveling around.

2. Vanilla nights level 2 seems to be ~equal to RCRN... very nice.

3. Interiors don't look very good. Warm is too bright and cold just looks dim and desaturated.

4. Dungeons aren't dark enough on the hazardous level, and on hardcore the entire picture just looks dim. If he kept the light source output of hazardous but the shadow depth of hardcore I think it'd be pretty great.

While these things are fixable with ENBs, the odds of me finding one I like seem to be slim. Sigh... why's it so hard to find a good lighting mod!?