Free (or Cheap) Games & Giveaways

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 4:50 AM, Mousetick said:

Epic Games Store is giving away a different game every day, until Jan. 6. Requires an EGS account.

Yep! I updated the OP links not too long ago. I've been grabbing some of them up. Others I haven't cared about. So far I've picked up:

• Mutant Year Zero (this is very much like Xcom play-style, which is a fav of mine)
  • Remnant: From the Ashes
  • The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

At some point in the past I had gotten Just Cause 4 from them for free. I didn't even remember until I install their launcher. :laugh:

I love this time of the year because of all the free goodies. I've completely stopped all modding to recharge during my free time. Been catching up on games that I never got to play or finish...or just enjoy playing. I just completed Metro 2033. Started Metro Last Light yesterday, and just purchased Metro Exodus for cheap on Steam.

Winter Sale has started on Steam, if someone missed the notice for that.

There is a great time-saving service that tracks prices for PC games on various online stores and platforms (EA, Epic, GOG, Ubisoft, Steam, etc). It's free and no account registration is required, one can sign-in with a Steam account login (no secrets are shared with the service, it's just an authentication token).

IsThereAnyDeal

Among its numerous features, all with extensive customization options:

• Can track prices of games in your Steam wishlist (if it's publicly visible) and notify you via email when they satisfy a certain price/discount criteria.
  • Can send email notifications of "specials", e.g. bundles, free games.

So no more spending time scouring various stores or news sites to find freebies, no more fear of missing out on a great discount. Just sit back, relax and wait for the mail.

A sister project is Augmented Steam, a Chrome extension that enhances the Steam store and community web sites, and optionally integrates with IsThereAnyDeal.

Edit: last but not least, even though both are free, they're not plagued by advertising.

Disclaimer: I know the blurb above may look like a marketing piece. I have no affiliation with the service. I've just been a satisfied user for many years.

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

OT:
Every time I see SRB's avatar pop up on a thread I'm half excited, then disappointed that it wasn't actually him...just a topic he started. I miss that guy. Hope everything is going well for him!

Ditto

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For Fallout's 25th anniversary, there are a number of events and offerings available, as you can find on Bethesda's website. Notably, if you have an Amazon Prime account, they are giving away Fallout 76 on the Microsoft Store for free. Also, for Fallout 4 players, there will be free creations available in the Creation club each week from now until November 2, along with discounts on other creations.

• 6 months later...