Osmodius Solitude Texture Pack (by osmodius)

phryxolydian

Welcome Osmodius!

While I don't agree your textures are anywhere near the same league as Tamriel Reloaded; they are much better. There are however, a few improvements that could be made.

I think DoYouEvenModBro was simply stating the Solitude textures had a few too many problem spots (where indeed they look a little plastic) and that was why he skipped over it, as he skipped over Tamriel Reloaded because it just didn't look right to him.

Contact z929669 on the Nexus if you wish to get a Mod Author's badge.

Happy gaming.

I use both the mods and really do like them a lot. I just wish there was a way to "ungrit" the Windhelm textures, because the black "filter" that seems to be covering them to achieve that effect makes them look less detailed than they are, and is hiding lots of detail.

But I respect the artist's decision.

@Thane
The texture clipping is due to the UV mapping Bethesda applied to the mesh, it is beyond my skillset to fix.

@Phazer11
Maybe the stretches from the parallax mapping is causing the plastic look your seeing in spots. If someone could show me a screenshot of one of these plastic spots, I could tell you for sure what's going on.

@Jarl
How much detail would they have after hundreds of years of weathering?  :;): 

I am fully aware that a lot of people do not agree with some of my design choices in my texture packs, especially Solitude, but do keep in mind that these are not meant to be close to the vanilla style, these are my versions of these cities and I originally made them for myself. And for the record, I read a post that said my textures look "plasticy" and compared my work to that of Tamriel Reloaded, this comment was highly insulting.

I love this defense. :;): If someone hates on your work, then you say you made it for yourself. In fact this is true a lot of the time, but you are releasing this stuff to the world (with alternative textures for these people no less) and so you can't use this excuse all the time. We humans do not have a tolerance for criticism, but as I have learnt, you can build on it. In fact I don't dismiss anything anymore, and listening instead of dismissing has made me improve a lot of stuff. Biggest line I hate on the Nexus from authors' when recieving critisism is "Well go and make your own mod." I really hate that if the user is being polite. I just want to punch them through my monitor!  :lol: Anyway don't take this the wrong way, I am not hating on you by jove - what what. Keep on rocking and creeping me out with your avatar!  ::D:

I love WH by the way over Solitude. Why? Because the stonework blocks are various sizes, so it adds to the realism. Nothing is perfect or exactly the same size. Especially in times gone by.

Edited by Guest

I love this defense. :;): If someone hates on your work, then you say you made it for yourself. In fact this is true a lot of the time, but you are releasing this stuff to the world (with alternative textures for these people no less) and so you can't use this excuse all the time. We humans do not have a tolerance for criticism, but as I have learnt, you can build on it. In fact I don't dismiss anything anymore, and listening instead of dismissing has made me improve a lot of stuff. Biggest line I hate on the Nexus from authors' when recieving critisism is "Well go and make your own mod." I really hate that if the user is being polite. I just want to punch them through my monitor!  :lol: Anyway don't take this the wrong way, I am not hating on you by jove - what what. Keep on rocking and creeping me out with your avatar!  ::D:

I love WH by the way over Solitude. Why? Because the stonework blocks are various sizes, so it adds to the realism. Nothing is perfect or exactly the same size. Especially in times gone by.

Thanks for the support. And in all honesty, I do only make mods for myself, I only release them to the public if I believe they are worthy of sharing. The alternate textures are only there because I already made them and tried them out originally, but didn't fully like them and left them out of the mod. If I have the resources laying around, alternate textures are the uploads I do for other people.

@Thane

The texture clipping is due to the UV mapping Bethesda applied to the mesh, it is beyond my skillset to fix.

I'd be hard-pressed to believe someone of your considerable skill isn't able to adapt to Bethesda's bad UV mapping and create floor textures that blend better with the dirt. But, if you say so, I can just hide the floor textures and keep the rest. No harm done.  :;):

-osmodius

Thanks for being calm, there are times when people have flipped at me because they thought I was having a go. I was kind of admitting I have done that, but yeah it is totally fine if you don't want to remake them for others. At least you are standing firm and not promising something you will not do. We all have different tastes. Your textures are very detailed regardless of style. 

-phryxolydian

That butt kiss. :lol: Joke. If someone can pinpoint these meshes, who knows what will happen?

Edited by Guest

@Thane

Hey there Osmodius, glad you have joined our community! :) (Elenear here from Nexus)

As soon as you contact Z on Nexus (to confirm ID, standard procedure), you'll get the Mod Author badge, and in effect grant the access to hidden collab section of the forums - maybe a good idea to ask around there!

Anyway, enjoy your stay and have fun, see you around.

Hey there Osmodius, glad you have joined our community! :) (Elenear here from Nexus)

As soon as you contact Z on Nexus (to confirm ID, standard procedure), you'll get the Mod Author badge, and in effect grant the access to hidden collab section of the forums - maybe a good idea to ask around there!

Anyway, enjoy your stay and have fun, see you around.

Who exactly do I contact on the nexus? Is his actual username Z?

And yes, another welcome here. I especially enjoyed your Project Parallax pack when I've used it. As others said, PM z92 on the Nexus to get your mod author's badge.

Another note: In a earlier post, it looks like you assumed the individual titles for phryxolydian and Octopuss were "Thane" and "Jarl" respectively. I'd admit, they do kinda look like usernames at first glance, but people might not know at first it you refer to them on this site using one of the pre-baked titles. Their usernames are actually right above their posts.

Another note: In a earlier post, it looks like you assumed the individual titles for phryxolydian and Octopuss were "Thane" and "Jarl" respectively. I'd admit, they do kinda look like usernames at first glance, but people might not know at first it you refer to them on this site using one of the pre-baked titles. Their usernames are actually right above their posts.

Ohhh ok I see, the actual usernames are in an awkward spot, and I guess excessive alcohol doesn't help in seeing them. :cool:

Just a little something I stumbled upon today when testing this out with my settings! 

Posted Image

Posted Image

I mean come on....it is this sort of textures that skyrim really needs! 

Great job on it Osmodius... I am quite happy with them so far!