Osmodius Solitude Texture Pack (by osmodius)

phryxolydian

It's hard for me to say "no" to a parallax texture pack though, I love the effect. I'm running some tests on things before a new play-through, the Solitude Textures look nice overall but the choice in masonry styles was my least favorite aspect. I ended up using the alternate interior and base sets...which I found more pleasing. But, still not quite right, in my opinion.

Langley's Solitude got it near 100% in many respects but suffers a little fuzziness resolution-wise in some places.

I think a simple blend is in order, seems to rid me of the things I like least:

Posted Image

This only leaves about 18 files un-conflicted of Osmodius' Textures, but I like the result.

Edited by Kuldebar

Chek this out, Kulde.

I tried that one before, I can't recall but there was something that didn't work for me, it's been a while...it may have been VRAM issues for me at that time. I might take a new look again, though Langley's is really nice.

It's hard for me to say "no" to a parallax texture pack though, I love the effect. I'm running some tests on things before a new play-through, the Solitude Textures look nice overall but the choice in masonry styles was my least favorite aspect. I ended up using the alternate interior and base sets...which I found more pleasing. But, still not quite right, in my opinion.

Langley's Solitude got it near 100% in many respects but suffers a little fuzziness resolution-wise in some places.

I think a simple blend is in order, seems to rid me of the things I like least:

Posted Image

This only leaves about 18 files un-conflicted of Osmodius' Textures, but I like the result.

With this combination, did you select any of the optional Solitude textures from Osmosis? Or does it not matter since Langley's overwrites most of it?

Also, are you guys using the Alternate Ground Texture for the Windhelm Pack?

I did use the two alternates: base and interior prior to moving Langley's Solitude down and enabling it.

And, I checked out Windhelm and decided to go with the alt. ground texture....the demarcation points between the usual pavement and icy dirt/mud were very jarring. The solution of dispensing with the pavement in those areas seems to have helped a lot. I don't miss the paving stones at all...stuff gets covered over by dirt and debris, I can "act like" the pavement is down underneath it still. :)

But, let's be honest: until Windhelm is remeshed, if ever...it will still be a hot mess despite nicer textures.

Both packs are beautiful, gorgeous work. They fit in particularly well with SRLE and Vividian ENB and with the new mod Rustic Windows.Both pakcs include parallax maps so you can simply install them after PPR. The author of these 2 mods is actually the same person as the one behind PPR.Note on Solitude pack: If you want textures to blend in perfect you must use the optional file for the Alternate Wall. The pictures posted in the OP are those of the main file only and do NOT look good together.Windhelm screenshots with Vividan ENB in this album:https://imgur.com/a/MFwxX#0

For the solitude pack, are you recommending the alternative exterior wall optional? Do you recommend all the optional textures? 

Uggh, I just ran through Solitude on different trips with Langley over Osmodius, Osmodius by itself and Osmodius over Langley....

Let's just say when you start looking at textures you start noting things that can't be unseen:

-gaps/seams that exist in vanilla and no amount of good texture can cover up...ignorance is bliss!

But, all was not in vain, here's some shots of Osmodius over Langley's Solitude:

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Kuldebar

Excellent screen-archery skills my friend. So this is using the alternate base, I'll see if I can get some shots with the alternate wall mix. No ENB though.. and a very different monitor. What image host are you suing? I use Google Drive as per TechAngel's recommendation but it's not as "forum friendly", I can only post links to the images.