RUSTIC WINDOWS by Gamwich

Kuldebar

I'm not tallying for Core. I'm tallying for Extended inclusion. ::):

Must have been the "e" that through me off. :)

Hmm, extended -if it fits anywhere, one would think "extended" would be the place...but I haven't found a description of that pack anywhere. Is there a stated scope/intent for it somewhere?

I noticed in my previous post, I was referring to a line in the STEP Core mandate as given on a different page from the this one - why are there two pages like this?

Anyhow, I sustain my vote against RW - to be included in the STEP Extended pack, because where it is concerned I can't fully agree that it is "... content that is consistent with Skyrim and TES lore as established by Bethesda's creators...", as Tech has so decisively demonstrated in detail.

Again, personally, I really like the changes it makes to the windows - but there's no accounting for taste as Kuldy likes to point out so often!

• +1 1

I noticed in my previous post, I was referring to a line in the STEP Core mandate as given on a different page from the this one - why are there two pages like this? Anyhow, I sustain my vote against RW - to be included in the STEP Extended pack, because where it is concerned I can't fully agree that it is "... content that is consistent with Skyrim and TES lore as established by Bethesda's creators...", as Tech has so decisively demonstrated in detail. Again, personally, I really like the changes it makes to the windows - but there's no accounting for taste as Kuldy likes to point out so often!

Haha! Man that is old! :lol: That was before we separated STEP into Core and Extended. Last edit was in August of 2012!

In the comparison by phryxolydian on the first page you can clearly see an improvement in texture quality, VW and vanilla are just too 'clean' at times. Especially the Windhelm shots of RW look much better imho. What I really don't like are some of the glow colors. Many of Tech's shots (mostly Solitude) look like the buildings are neon lit inside.

I thought all the debate was around this mod being in Core. For extended it's a no brainer. I mean radiant potions and booze bottles is extended and that is way off from vanilla for a bunch of stuff. You probably interact with those bottle more than look at the windows.

I thought all the debate was around this mod being in Core. For extended it's a no brainer. I mean radiant potions and booze bottles is extended and that is way off from vanilla for a bunch of stuff. You probably interact with those bottle more than look at the windows.

Since my first post, I never gave it a second thought that this would be a Core mod. I knew it wouldn't be. Since my large compare post, we've been discussing for Extended. The tally has been collected for Extended votes. I've ignored Core votes.

EssArrBee, on 09 Jun 2014 - 3:35 PM, said:

I don't feel so silly now. :p

Seriously thought the debate was about CORE, and conceded "that wasn't a good fit"...but for extended it just seems to be a near perfect improvement to the game and seems highly relative to the, arguably subjective, purpose of "extended":

STEP:Extended is about ...

• ... content that is consistent with Skyrim and TES lore as established by Bethesda's creators and extrapolated on by the STEP community in accordance with the Imperial Library and the UESP.
  • ... continuity and qualitative consistency of all in-game behaviors and assets (e.g., sounds, graphics, models, gameplay, etc.)
  • ... new content, assets and effects that "fit" Skyrim and TES lore.