Trying to install CBBE after STEP Core = issues?

Shake

Question

Hey so I'm trying to install CBBE via mod organizer after having finished going through STEP Core and when I try to install the mod mod organizer opens the window that says:

"Running external installer

Note; This installer will not be aware of other installed mods!

Based on Nexus Mod Manager"

however at the same time I get an error message that says installation failed errorcode 3762507597 and a second error message saying NMM CLI has stopped working.

I've tried redownloading the mod several times and it always gets these errors. 

On a side note, will CBBE cause issues with any of the mods from STEP Core? I assume it would have some clipping issues with some of the armor textures and things?

Thanks!

11 answers to this question

I also would like to know about this. I get exactly the same error. The mod installs just fine in NMM, so i tred a workaround of installing with NMM then using the import from NMM function to circumvent this isssue. No dice. MO comes back saying no mods are installed.

EUREKA!!

Download: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/download/1000099008Open the archive.Navigate to your MO folder. Drag and drop the NCC folder from the archive to your MO folder overwriting the existing NCC folder. 

Copy and Replace everything.Open MO. Install CBBE.Enjoy.EDIT: No Eureka. This gets the installer to open, and allows you to pick options and click install. But nothing happens after that. The MO pluigin just closes without actually doing anything. I was not using the beta btw(1.2.1) I am using current 1.1.2 non beta from the nexus site.

Edited by FalloutPrime

OOhhkay, I got it. Use the beta version of MO. (1.2.1)

Just re-install over the the old MO. After upgrading to the beta, I had to go into MO settings and tell it where the "downloads" and "webcache" folders were as my downloads tab was empty. Gave me quite a scare. Seems like MO renames the old MO folder to ModOrganizer (with no space) and re-installs itself to a properly named Mod Organizer folder, (with a space). So just go into MO settings and tell it where the folders in question are. You may also need to check your exes, as well as fixing any other paths that might need it. After I fixed my exes, I tried to install CBBE, the NCC plugin was sluggish and took a while to open the installer. But it did, I went through the process, and VIOLA! CBBE got installed, and is listed in the mods list.Now to see if it actually worked. Will be back to share results.

EDIT: Confirmed Working. Enjoy.

Edited by FalloutPrime

In my case CBBE installs fine for but I also get the warning "external installer mod organizer won't recognize.. bla bla.."  What explicitly does this warning signify?  Is this going to cause problems down the road since Mod Organizer isn't recognizing it.. or does it in fact recognize the mod files once they are installed?  

Sincerely yours, 

Confused

No worries Al. What it really means, to expound on Dub's terse reply is this:

In some mod's installers, they are programmed to search for and identify other mods, particularly if the mod has built in mod-patches to make it play nice. The idea is that you don't have to read anything or check anything, because the installer already did it for you. The warning really just means you need to pay attention during the install, in case something like this is trying to happen, because the way MO does things means the installer won't see those other mods.

So, in short, what Dub said. No worries. Keep Calm, and Mod On.