Fomod options not changing description

phryxolydian

Question

I'm using the beta 1.2.1. When installing mods that use fomods like SMIM, ETaC, RBB, etc, I only get the description on the left side panel from the first option no matter how many options there are. Sometimes the options are self explanatory and there's no need for a description but other times, there is. 

9 answers to this question

I've tried re-installing MO several times and this thing still doesn't read fomods correctly for me. It is really annoying to install mods and having to have the mod's page open to view the different image comparison or options. Any help? Am I that unlucky that this is only happening on my end?  :confused:

Luck has nothing to do with it, there has to be something unusual about your system that keeps the hover effect from working and we really can't know what it is.

Do you use a modified theme for windows? Or some software that might interfere with mouse behaviour? Or an "unusual" pointing device like a wacom tablet? Have you modified the MO stylesheet?

More general questions: What version of windows do you use and could you please list at least one mod where you're missing the effect?

• +1 1

Wow, I'd have never thought about that. Yes, I have Windows 7 x64 with a custom theme and I use MO's better looking stylesheet. Here's what it looks like:

Posted Image

Mods where I am having this problem? ANY mod that uses fomods: SMIM, Realistic Boat Bobbling, WATER, UNPB, etc.

I'll change back to boring Windows and boring MO and report back.

EDIT: I'll be dammed, changing back to Windows 7 Basic DID fix it. Could you please enlighten me as to why it messes up with MO having a Windows theme other than Basic? Thanks Tannin, you da man! 

Well, MO relies on Windows to let it know when the mouse hovers over a control. For performance reasons hover events are not sent for all controls but only those marked with a flag.

I assume the windows theme you use ignores that flag and doesn't emit the hover event at all. I'm afraid there is little I can do on my end without changing the behaviour of the dialog entirely (as in: not react to move-over event but on click or something)

OS: Windows 7 Control Panel -> System -> Advanced system settings -> Advanced ->Performance -> Settings... -> Visual Effects

Select "Custom" and make sure the checkbox next to "Use visual styles on windows and buttons" is checked.

Click "OK", then Click "OK".

Edited by deathus