Need some advice with ENB.

Halde

Question

Hi all!

So glad the site is up again. I asked this same question on the Nexus site, although sadly no one had any knowledge about this. I hope I have better luck here:)

So I kinda want to try this ENB thing. After so thorough research, I got it down to either Project ENB or RealVision ENB(I wanted Kinematic ENB, but I don't think my computer can handle it). I'm leaning more towards Project ENB, but there is a pretty huge factor, which is also my problem. This is kinda specific by the way.

Project ENB uses a 30 version old ENBseries file(0.221 I think). Now I am unsure. Can I use this ENB and ENBoost? Because if I can't, I need another ENB(probably RealVision).

~Sincerely

Halde

5 answers to this question

One small piece of advice... ENBs are so easy to install, why not try them out yourself and see if your system can handle it?  As for Project ENB the answer is version 0.221 has ENBoost so there shouldn't be any problems.  I would use the version recommended by the author as significant changes has been made since and the outcome with newer versions with project enb will not be the same as what the enb author envisioned.  Version 0.221 is stable and shouldn't cause any problems.  I am a Seasons ENB guy myself, for me its by far the best enb to date, but its all very subjective.  

I can also recommend the static DOF that comes in newish Somber ENB installation.  It looks fairly good, works great with ugrid 5 and is very performance friendly.  

I am a Seasons ENB guy myself, for me its by far the best enb to date, but its all very subjective.  

I can also recommend the static DOF that comes in newish Somber ENB installation.  It looks fairly good, works great with ugrid 5 and is very performance friendly.  

Project ENB or version 0.221?

About this Ugrids. I have spent many a minutes trying to locate this line in the Skyrim.ini. Can you tell me if I'm supposed to write it myself? If so, where?

Edited by Halde

Don't bother.  Just leave your Skyrim.ini and Skyrimpref.ini on default and it defaults to ugrids 5.

Seasons ENB is made using 0.236 but works fine with 0.254 of ENB Series.  I haven't used project ENB is a long time, nothing bad about it, just personal preference.  Project ENB has a higher contrast and more "realism", I prefer the more cooler fantasy feel of Seasons, as well as the wonderful color palette.  I am tempted to try insert the color palette of Seasons ENB into other Popular ENBs like Undramatic ENB and see the results...  But for now I am happy with my settings.

Used to use Somber ENB, it is super cinematic... got tired of it and wanted more vanilla feel, then I wanted a more fantasy feel, then I wanted a more performance ENB.... etc... it never ends.  Modding never ends.

Edited by Garfink

Ahh. I read "seasoned" ENB guy, as in experienced with the ENB's;)

When installing the ENB's you just need to extract the  the d3d9.dll, the enbhost.exe and the enblocal.ini to the Skyrim folder right? And then follow the instructions of each individual ENB(mainly just extracting files to ones Skyrim folder)?

Because for instance with Project ENB, it says to only extract the d3d9.dll(and no other files from the enbseries) to the Skyrim folder.